• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Introduction: 2020 K2 Mindbender Collection

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is the K2 Mindbender “good enough” to dethrone either the Enforcer or Bonafide? Assuming the Nordica pivots better due to its more rounded pin tail shape? In terms of battle for the +/- 100mm waisted, western 1-ski quiver...

Enforcer 100: ???

Bonafide: ???

Mindbender 99Ti: Which end of the above spectrum does the Mindbender sit? Which ski would you be most happy on? If you were on one of the above skis would you have second thoughts wishing you would have picked one of the others?
Yes it is good enough to dethrone the Enforcer and the Bonafide as the Viral Ski of the Year.

Stacks

Stacks
Skier
I'm 59 years old, advancing advanced level, ski at Wanaka in NZ, 5'10", 178ish lbs. Should I go for the 177 or 184 in the 99TI? Leaning towards the 177.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm 59 years old, advancing advanced level, ski at Wanaka in NZ, 5'10", 178ish lbs. Should I go for the 177 or 184 in the 99TI? Leaning towards the 177.
I have few pounds on you and have been very happy with the 177

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is the K2 Mindbender “good enough” to dethrone either the Enforcer or Bonafide? Assuming the Nordica pivots better due to its more rounded pin tail shape? In terms of battle for the +/- 100mm waisted, western 1-ski quiver...

Enforcer 100: ???

Bonafide: ???

Mindbender 99Ti: Which end of the above spectrum does the Mindbender sit? Which ski would you be most happy on? If you were on one of the above skis would you have second thoughts wishing you would have picked one of the others?
To give you some reference, I was one of the people who has always loved the Black Pearl in every iteration of its existence and I still feel like it skis really well in the 78mm 88mm and 98 mm waist. The minute I got on the Mindbenders (I've skied the 88, 98, 106 and 115) I thought....This could be the pearl killer.

People who haven't thought about skiing a K2 in a long time really need to get on some of these skis.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
To give you some reference, I was one of the people who has always loved the Black Pearl in every iteration of its existence and I still feel like it skis really well in the 78mm 88mm and 98 mm waist. The minute I got on the Mindbenders (I've skied the 88, 98, 106 and 115) I thought....This could be the pearl killer.

People who haven't thought about skiing a K2 in a long time really need to get on some of these skis.
Yep, these were a blast when I skied them last week. Very easy, yet not whimpy at ALL. They'll be a favorite of a lot of women, for sure!

Paul Frede

Getting on the lift
Industry Insider
You want it but you can’t have it.
6C1C67D3-7D8C-46B9-9C9C-673D202FA404.jpeg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've been loving my 98s
FullSizeRender.jpeg

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
So observation from the past 3 weeks of US westeen skiing in Co, Wy and Ut. K2 aren't winning the battle yet. Any K2 that isn't an old pair of recons or luvs is a rare sight. A few Marksmen on the parkish kids and some Mindbender jrs but Adult mindbenders a rare sight. Rossi, Volkl, Blizzard, Solly and Nordica in profusion.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So observation from the past 3 weeks of US westeen skiing in Co, Wy and Ut. K2 aren't winning the battle yet. Any K2 that isn't an old pair of recons or luvs is a rare sight. A few Marksmen on the parkish kids and some Mindbender jrs but Adult mindbenders a rare sight. Rossi, Volkl, Blizzard, Solly and Nordica in profusion.
I cannot disagree with you with what we are seeing on the slopes. I feel that more are being sold than are on the slopes. While the MB99Ti is my new reference ski in it's catagory, the 90 is selling better.

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
I cannot disagree with you with what we are seeing on the slopes. I feel that more are being sold than are on the slopes. While the MB99Ti is my new reference ski in it's catagory, the 90 is selling better.

Same here. I have seen a few on the slopes but not many. More new version of Bones than K2 MB99 and as far as women go - the Black Pearl is everywhere - in all sizes.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got the new MB 108s in 186 out for their first day today in typical PNW "powder" Heavy-ish but creamy. Nothing about these skis sucks. Early days, but they may embody the Enforcer 100 combination of wide-ranging ability and ease-of-use.

They REALLY plane up well for a 108. Every bit as good or better than my Ranger 115s. And by late morning, when things were getting a bit used up, and significant cross-chop was developing in the usual places, the width suited my lousy knees better than a 115.

BONUS: I did not see my skis on anybody else's feet all day!

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
I got the new MB 108s in 186 out for their first day today in typical PNW "powder" Heavy-ish but creamy. Nothing about these skis sucks. Early days, but they may embody the Enforcer 100 combination of wide-ranging ability and ease-of-use.

They REALLY plane up well for a 108. Every bit as good or better than my Ranger 115s. And by late morning, when things were getting a bit used up, and significant cross-chop was developing in the usual places, the width suited my lousy knees better than a 115.

BONUS: I did not see my skis on anybody else's feet all day!

love this feedback. Looking to add a mid100 to the quiver. Looking at a few - QST 106, MB108 are both on the list. And since I am in the PNW at Schweitzer your review helps.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I think I've seen more proto MBs on the hills than production.

Gnarvin

Putting on skis
Skier
I just got back from Breckenridge and Vail and I can say that by far the most popular ski I saw was the Völkl M5, but I was actually surprised how popular the MB99 was. This is especially impressive since this is technically the first full season the MB 99 has been out. I saw a lot of Enforcers but it seemed to be a good mix between the 104, 93, and 100. Just my observations from a small sample size. I did not see a single MB108 that I can recall.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
love this feedback. Looking to add a mid100 to the quiver. Looking at a few - QST 106, MB108 are both on the list. And since I am in the PNW at Schweitzer your review helps.

One of my personal best pow days ever at Meadows today, because it flat out DUMPED real snowflakes all morning and stayed cold. Not a common combination here.

Skis were awesome. Nothing really new to add. High performance combined with ease of use. No chinks in the armor, so far.

Sponsor

Staff online