• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic Inside intel says Camelback PA is being purchased by KSL

camberstick

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Not sure I would call the opening day a success for us skiers. A very poor experience that chased me away by 1030 am.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Not sure I would call the opening day a success for us skiers. A very poor experience that chased me away by 1030 am.
From what I heard and saw on the web cams today and yesterday, they are only running Sullivan to the top so far. Lines looked significant. I'm going to head up tomorrow but may be done early. I mean Bailey is operable as far as snow cover is concerned. Wondering if staffing is a issue. Don't have that anticipation this year that I always had for the 1st day of the season.

Looks like Bailey is up and running now but still really busy

Last edited:

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
But if you're from NJ you weren't supposed to be there anyway. Correct?
That's going to have to be every bodies own choice. I work with people who commute into NJ from NEPA everyday. What's the difference? I'll be in and out of PA with as little contact with people as I can. That said, not going to a place like Vermont because of their rules

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
That's going to have to be every bodies own choice. I work with people who commute into NJ from NEPA everyday. What's the difference? I'll be in and out of PA with as little contact with people as I can. That said, not going to a place like Vermont because of their rules

Work vs. play

Travel between home and work or home and medical appointments in other states is permitted. The travel exemptions are:

• Individuals travelling to and from the Commonwealth for work;
  • Individuals travelling to and from the Commonwealth for medical reasons (including providing comfort and support to a patient);
  • Military personnel travelling to the Commonwealth by order or directive of a state or Federal military authority;
  • Individuals in transit through the Commonwealth to another destination, provided that the time spent in the Commonwealth is only the amount of time necessary to complete the transit, make use of travel services, such as a highway rest stop, or make necessary travel connections.

Sponsor