• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ice Cream: Cone or Cup?

How do you enjoy your ice cream?

• Cone

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Cup/dish

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
That reminds me: anyone else like ice cream and beer? Not together as in a float ( I've never tried that, but it might work?), but as in consumed at the same time. At home, I might have a beer going, and I'll think nothing of getting some ice cream if I'm in the mood, and enjoying them at the same time. It works really nice with dark porter type beers, but once you're hooked on it, any good beer will do.
Ice cream and beer is not anything I would want to put together. It just doesn't seem like a good combo. In fact it is something I would try to avoid.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I have read posts that talk about frozen custard and others talk about soft serve. I was wondering what the community thinks is the difference?
Custard has egg yolks in it, and tends to be a bit creamier/smoother (though not always). Soft serve ice cream (assuming it's not actually custard) tends to be a little fluffier, and less smooth/creamy.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
I first read this as twenty-five dollars for the first scoop and was like :eek: :eek: :eek: and was even more shocked when I got to the "ridiculously low price" comment. Like, where are you from that a scoop of ice cream costs twenty five dollars???

Upon re-reading, I noticed the decimal point between the "$" and the "2". :ogbiggrin:
I wondered if that might happen. If there is a cent sign on this machine, I'm not aware of it.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I wondered if that might happen. If there is a cent sign on this machine, I'm not aware of it.

I usually go with $0.25 -- the leading zero adds a bit of context. I'm not sure how to easily get a "cents" symbol either. :huh:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
1597073209348.png

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Custard has egg yolks in it, and tends to be a bit creamier/smoother (though not always). Soft serve ice cream (assuming it's not actually custard) tends to be a little fluffier, and less smooth/creamy.
It is true there technically is a difference, but I bet most people call both by whatever their regionally-dominant name is.
I think frozen custard is mostly a deep midwest thing (St Louis up through Chicago and Wisconsin, Minnesota, maybe Michigan).

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

That way is taught as well as long as the kids know not to use the decimal point....

*(see....student athletes do study/and can be successful on and off field...)(response to comment from Covid thread)

***Back to your regularly scheduled program....

Last edited:

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
If you're having a bad day, go get an ice cream cone, not a cup or dish, but a cone.
I double dog dare anyone to lick an ice cream cone and still be having a bad day. Can't happen!

For my first :rolleyes: knee surgery, when I was 16, pt was right next door to a Häagen-Dazs. Every single day I bought a coffee chip cone after I was done with therapy. Still my favorite. Probably not a good idea after my sixth surgery, though....

James

Out There
Instructor
More like £0.25 or €0.25 ?
Not if they’re talking about their time in America.:P
Plus, were you blind to the comma ‘,’ instead of decimal ‘.’ or making another point?
Awaiting your $0,02 in Paris...

Every single day I bought a coffee chip cone after I was done with therapy. Still my favorite.
Did you ever have the Starbucks Java Chip?
Best coffee ice cream ever, especially the first generation. They changed it a little, smaller chips, not quite as good but still awesome. Only available in supermarkets. Then, it disappeared.

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
That reminds me: anyone else like ice cream and beer? Not together as in a float ( I've never tried that, but it might work?), but as in consumed at the same time. At home, I might have a beer going, and I'll think nothing of getting some ice cream if I'm in the mood, and enjoying them at the same time. It works really nice with dark porter type beers, but once you're hooked on it, any good beer will do.

Oh absolutely. There are plenty of stouts that go great with Dove bars.

The idea of a beer float is ancient, John Steinbeck wrote it into Cannery Row in 1945 - and of course they put Nick Nolte drinking one into the '82 movie adaptation.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For my first :rolleyes: knee surgery, when I was 16, pt was right next door to a Häagen-Dazs. Every single day I bought a coffee chip cone after I was done with therapy. Still my favorite. Probably not a good idea after my sixth surgery, though....
I saw a food truck that served Chardonnay sorbet cones.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Sponsor

Staff online