• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ice Cream: Cone or Cup?

How do you enjoy your ice cream?

• Cone

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Cup/dish

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters

Joby Graham

Getting off the lift
Skier
Cup - unless it's one of those small ones like in a school cafeteria. They came with a paper-wrapped, flat wooden spoon that tasted (and made me gag) like a tongue depressor.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tried it. Several times. No luck... or maybe, perfect luck. Still have never had brain freeze.
Wow..I can get a brain freeze on my third spoonful of an Italian Ice.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It gets hot as hell here. Good luck finishing a double before the dripping turns to running.
Its hot there. :roflmao:
That's cute.
From Weather.com
Durham NC Monday 8/3/2020
Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 9.44.26 PM.png

Reno NV Monday 8/3/2020
Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 9.44.08 PM.png

I know I know...its not the heat, its the humidity.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Cup - unless it's one of those small ones like in a school cafeteria. They came with a paper-wrapped, flat wooden spoon that tasted (and made me gag) like a tongue depressor.
I can't stand those spoons! Or popsicle sticks for that matter. Not a fan of tongue depressors either, come to think of it. My kids and @AKMINK think my aversion to wooden sticks is hilarious. I think it's genetic; my mom and sister are the same way.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
When I was in college, my roommate and I would get ice cream cones after the bars closed and eat them on our half-hour walk back home. The great thing about eating ice cream outside in the winter -- no drips!

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
When I was in college, my roommate and I would get ice cream cones after the bars closed and eat them on our half-hour walk back home. The great thing about eating ice cream outside in the winter -- no drips!

That reminds me: anyone else like ice cream and beer? Not together as in a float ( I've never tried that, but it might work?), but as in consumed at the same time. At home, I might have a beer going, and I'll think nothing of getting some ice cream if I'm in the mood, and enjoying them at the same time. It works really nice with dark porter type beers, but once you're hooked on it, any good beer will do.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I know that I can't say both, so based on the fact that a cup will hold more than a cone and I want volume when it comes to ice cream, cup it is.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
When I was in college in the mid 70s there was a local small convenience store called "Rawls'." The Rawls family is a local bunch. The store was in the neighborhood with lots of college rentals, and they had ice cream along with the beer and bongs. The prices were $.25 for the first scoop and $.15 for each subsequent scoop. 3 scoops max. This was, even then, a ridiculously low price (Baskin and Robbins was right across the street). The (probably) stoned employees at Rawls would see how big they could make the scoops, so you really made out. I only bought one three scooper because, for $.55 you got more than an entire 1/2 gallon carton of ice cream from the store, and even in those days it was a bit much for me to consume at one time. It was a great place to go after a night out.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I am in fact a diabetic, so I’m not going to waste any of my carbohydrate budget on an otherwise useless cone. And I won’t bother with soft-serve or so-called frozen yoghurt. No no, it’s got to be a good gelato in a dish, or a premium ice cream like Salt n’ Straw or Molly Moon’s (Seattle based).

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
First, need to clarify that what I mean by a waffle cone is one like scruffy posted. It's similar to a big sugar cone. I think that's what most people mean nowadays, but when I was a kid the two choices were a crispy sugar cone (good) or a styrofoam-like horror that was usually called a "cake" cone but sometimes called a "waffle" cone.

Waffle cone with a small enough portion of ice cream that it doesn't come above the rim. Cup and cone in one! Double long-pull espresso on the side.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
The prices were $.25 for the first scoop and $.15 for each subsequent scoop. 3 scoops max. This was, even then, a ridiculously low price (Baskin and Robbins was right across the street).

I first read this as twenty-five dollars for the first scoop and was like :eek: :eek: :eek: and was even more shocked when I got to the "ridiculously low price" comment. Like, where are you from that a scoop of ice cream costs twenty five dollars???

Upon re-reading, I noticed the decimal point between the "$" and the "2". :ogbiggrin:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I have read posts that talk about frozen custard and others talk about soft serve. I was wondering what the community thinks is the difference?

Sponsor

Staff online