• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I love the idea of owning a ....but...

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
1599070456031.png

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I rode a Kawasaki 350 triple 2 stroke dirty (no license) in high school. Always loved the idea of having a ..

When I was a GI in Japan '68~71 the Kawasaki Mach 3 500 was the bike of choice. Lot of beginners never made a second ride!
I remember some large Kawasaki two strokes. I never got to try one out, but my older brother had friends who were heavily into high horsepower bikes. General knowledge at the time was the power was there (due to the number of power strokes per rpm), but the stock frames couldn't handle it.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
A friend of mine had a 4X4 Talon in the mid 90s. It was pretty sweet. My Nana had a Concord in the 70s. FUGLY car LOL!

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
A friend of mine had a 4X4 Talon in the mid 90s. It was pretty sweet. My Nana had a Concord in the 70s. FUGLY car LOL!
The Talon was the same car as the Mitsubishi Eclipse. A Talon TSI or Eclipse GSX(AWD, 2.0l turbo) could qualify as legendary in the import tuner circuit.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Talon was the same car as the Mitsubishi Eclipse. A Talon TSI or Eclipse GSX(AWD, 2.0l turbo) could qualify as legendary in the import tuner circuit.
Don't forget the Plymouth Laser, IIRC the Laser was not available with the 195HP AWD. Personally, I preferred the Galant GSX Sedan. I was selling Subies at the time and all we had was the very conservative 160HP Legacy Turbo.

Reactions: Ogg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Don't forget the Plymouth Laser, IIRC the Laser was not available with the 195HP AWD. Personally, I preferred the Galant GSX Sedan. I was selling Subies at the time and all we had was the very conservative 160HP Legacy Turbo.
They actually did make FWD and AWD Turbo Lasers, just not very many. The Galant VR4 was the hot one. The Galant GSX was AWD but not turbo(a bit confusing since the Eclipse GSX is the turbo).

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Had a ride in a rare standard FWD Turbo Talon in the early 90’s, that thing could lay rubber in 3 gears.

Remember the Renault/Eagle Medallion (dated body style, poor sales) it was built in a new state of the art factory (Renault funded) in Brampton ON, when Renault and AMC/Chrysler separated, AMC/Chrysler had to build “x” number of cars on that platform as part of the deal (so royalty could be paid to recoup factory build cost) so to increase sales it’s body was redesigned and sold as the Chrysler Interpid which met the intent.

Chrysler has a habit of making and breaking mergers/partnerships.......Mitsubishi, Renault, Lamborghini (bought and sold), Mercedes that I know of.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I am surprised that we have so few people wanting a ski on and ski off residence. Could it be that many of our members already have one? I know I would like that and I am not all that fussy about what mountain it is located.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am surprised that we have so few people wanting a ski on and ski off residence. Could it be that many of our members already have one? I know I would like that and I am not all that fussy about what mountain it is located.
I would love a ski in/ski out place and I really wouldn't be too too particular and not too many but's other than not being able to afford it. I am really liking being able to mountain bike to a good 50 miles of trails right from my house. Getting ready at home and not having to spend the 30+ minutes each way to get to the trail head (or parking lot to ski) would be a huge savings of time and convenience. Sure, i might get bored from time to time with the repetition but the pluses sure are there.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Most of the true ski-in ski-out places here have gawkers able to stare in your windows. Then you put in curtains and there goes your view. I have a TON of privacy and it's a 16 minute drive.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
If you are talking motorcycles, it’s hard to be humble when you ride, or have ridden, the best.

1599168780908.jpeg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Most of the true ski-in ski-out places here have gawkers able to stare in your windows. Then you put in curtains and there goes your view. I have a TON of privacy and it's a 16 minute drive.
But do you have a ski in and ski out for the view or just to ski? I have a house on the water so I can drop my kayak or a SUP in and go. Are you going to let your car be your base Lodge? Anyway this is the fantasy thread.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I have a house on the water so I can drop my kayak or a SUP in and go. Are you going to let your car be your base Lodge? Anyway this is the fantasy thread.

A house on the water that doesn't get water ripple reflections on the ceiling wouldn't be worth it to me.

So yeh, a private enough house on the water for the light to shine in without engine noise and without peepers and without a huge tidal variation/current to keep track of and without mud bogs all around. No mosquitoes, no blackflies.

Fantasy :D ;)

Sponsor

Staff online