• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I love the idea of owning a ....but...

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Okay, back to reality but only going so far. The reality is I would love to own one of these but I would also ride it only on a totally empty mountain road. It would be great to get one with ski racks so I can enjoy getting to spring skiing as much as the skiing itself.

I always wanted a Ducati V2...
1598542296382.png

...but when I rode I was partial to Suzukis and I like blue.
1598542442392.png

The reality is that I should be dead from past antics on the stripped down 1980s version of the above Susuki and I would no doubt die a violent death on one of these new crotch rockets.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am a big fan of the M35 AWD with the Tech Package but an 07 G35 AWD would be a close second. Infiniti's are wayyyy under valued.
The M's are really sweet. Infinitis really are way undervalued, and will likely get even more so with the combined effects of the death of the brand and the sedan. Their current products are just uninspired. I'm a loyal long time owner that loves the older generation vehicles but has no interest in anything new they make.

It's not exactly an AWD :ogbiggrin: but this 2008 6MT Sedan in SF that popped up in my search looks sweet for $10K:

Only 95K miles, routine service at the dealer and has some fairly new Pilot Sports. It's $1700 below Cargurus value which you never see for a 6MT (if you can ever find one), especially one that looks to be in good shape. I'd be looking at this if it was closer... fancied up and stretched out 370Z to haul the kiddos around.

As I'm sure you've figured out, the 2007 and 2008 G's are great since they are the second generation but still badged as G35 vs G37 so likely overlooked by many shopping for a G37. By many reports, they are as fast as the 3.7 due to the lighter weight of the smaller engine.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
4 door performance cars? Might as well soop up your mini van.. Pffft... :nono:

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here's dreaming of a manual transmission renaissance. BMW has confirmed the new M3 and M4 will have manuals:

Hopefully that manual will trickle down to the Supra. That will force the new 400Z to have a manual too, which it better. Then maybe, just maybe, that makes it's way into the next generation Infiniti coupe and sedan. Doubtful, though, as Infiniti seems to be betting the highly mortgaged farm on going electric.

4 door performance cars? Might as well soop up your mini van.. Pffft... :nono:
By souped-up minivan, do you mean a performance crossover? ogsmile

If a sports car doesn't fit into your life, a sports sedan is the next best thing. With demand for sedans dying, there will be lots of great ones available looking for good homes.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
If a sports car doesn't fit into your life, a sports sedan is the next best thing. With demand for sedans dying, there will be lots of great ones available looking for good homes.

Or, make room on the property to park a real sports car if I want a real sports car. For a sports car, looking cool is as important to me as the speed and handling is..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Looks are nice and all, but it's really all about power and control, not just the appearance of power and control.
I want the performance vehicle that looks like a real race car, not a grocery getter and daycare driver. Performance is important, but not so much for a grocery getter and daycare driver..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Regarding control, I find the slightly longer wheelbase provides more control at speed. Yeah, it's a trade-off. Speaking of Charger, this is funny.
4:12
Actually the top 2020 model has 707 HP.
I'll take the Challenger Hellcat.

I'd rather my grocery getter and kid shuttle be more like a tank than a light and nimble speedster.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I rode a Kawasaki 350 triple 2 stroke dirty (no license) in high school. Always loved the idea of having a ..

When I was a GI in Japan '68~71 the Kawasaki Mach 3 500 was the bike of choice. Lot of beginners never made a second ride!

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Epic | Specialized.com 2020-08-31 23-44-33.png

I love the idea of owning this bike that's worth more than my car, but my wife and my better senses say otherwise.

Sponsor