• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I love the idea of owning a ....but...

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
A house on the water that doesn't get water ripple reflections on the ceiling wouldn't be worth it to me.

So yeh, a private enough house on the water for the light to shine in without engine noise and without peepers and without a huge tidal variation/current to keep track of and without mud bogs all around. No mosquitoes, no blackflies.

Fantasy :D ;)
Not fantasy, igloo

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
A house on the water that doesn't get water ripple reflections on the ceiling wouldn't be worth it to me.

So yeh, a private enough house on the water for the light to shine in without engine noise and without peepers and without a huge tidal variation/current to keep track of and without mud bogs all around. No mosquitoes, no blackflies.

The house needs to be way up the hillside with a wooden walkway down to the boat house and docks. Bitcihin' sledding hill and ice skating/hockey in the winter. I'd put in a rope tow for the winters

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am surprised that we have so few people wanting a ski on and ski off residence. Could it be that many of our members already have one? I know I would like that and I am not all that fussy about what mountain it is located.
How about a ski-in ski-out home that's large enough for a family to live in full time? That's what I'd love to own.

There's a nice lot at near the bottom of the Kokomo lift at Copper that I've had my eyes on.... but it's a bit pricey. It even has a nice strand of trees blocking the gawkers from the run for @Sibhusky. The plans are already done for an 8 bed 10 bath 7658 s.f. home.

ISbp5etj8wcsup1000000000.webp (1024×606) 2020-09-03 16-52-11.jpg

Mountain biking is right there on the ski area trails, as well as a fantastic backcountry ride on the Colorado Trail heading up Searle Pass. Plus for road biking, you are at the bottom of the best bike path in the world that heads to Vail and beyond!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Beach house in the summer, ski house in the winter, easy peasy!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier

That is a fantasy, but I have a few of the things on your wish list.
1. Reasonable private
2. Little to no engine
3. Only a 18 inch variation from high to low tide under normal circumstances, no real currents just a good SE breeze most afternoons
4. No mud bogs
5. Little to no flies or mosquitoes even though I am a magnet for the mosquitoes.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
How about a ski-in ski-out home that's large enough for a family to live in full time? That's what I'd love to own.

There's a nice lot at near the bottom of the Kokomo lift at Copper that I've had my eyes on.... but it's a bit pricey. It even has a nice strand of trees blocking the gawkers from the run for @Sibhusky. The plans are already done for an 8 bed 10 bath 7658 s.f. home.

View attachment 109334

Mountain biking is right there on the ski area trails, as well as a fantastic backcountry ride on the Colorado Trail heading up Searle Pass. Plus for road biking, you are at the bottom of the best bike path in the world that heads to Vail and beyond!

Sounds like you have a good plan. I wish you the best.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds like you have a good plan. I wish you the best.
Unfortunately, my plan has yet to succeed. :huh:

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Unfortunately, my plan has yet to succeed. :huh:
Remember, you gotta play to win. ;)

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
But do you have a ski in and ski out for the view or just to ski? I have a house on the water so I can drop my kayak or a SUP in and go. Are you going to let your car be your base Lodge? Anyway this is the fantasy thread.
I used to own a ski-in/ski-out condo. It was a vacation condo, thank goodness, I didn't have to live there. But you do want to sleep at night. Do you know what the odds of that are?

Now I do have rich friends who keep a condo they only use as a closet/locker room. They don't sleep there. They might put visiting friends there. They then go back to their home on 20 acres south of town. I guess that might be nice.

Last edited:

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
to bad Lottery winnings don't keep coming in.

a friend of mine once won a big one in the 90's
within a few years he somehow acquired 2 matching cigarette boats and vehicles to tow them (one for him one for to his father)
a very large motor home, new 4x4 to tow behind, numerous motorcycles, quads, a very good looking new girlfriend, and my favorite the cobra for the top down days.
Naturally he needed a big house on acreage with multiple garages to park it all.

wasn't too long before he was back to his normal, broke and single. He did have a really good time

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hey guys - I suggested a ski in ski out at the Yellowstone club https://www.pugski.com/threads/i-love-the-idea-of-owning-a-but.20374/page-5#post-511206 a few pages back. Same problem Powerball/Mega Millions Tickets have fraudulently failed to be working models, BUT I do think one might have a different class of gawker at the Yellowstone Club ...
I htink we discussed this in an old Powerball thread,it was the consensus that even a large PB winner isnt going to get you into the YC

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
to bad Lottery winnings don't keep coming in.

a friend of mine once won a big one in the 90's
within a few years he somehow acquired 2 matching cigarette boats and vehicles to tow them (one for him one for to his father)
a very large motor home, new 4x4 to tow behind, numerous motorcycles, quads, a very good looking new girlfriend, and my favorite the cobra for the top down days.
Naturally he needed a big house on acreage with multiple garages to park it all.

wasn't too long before he was back to his normal, broke and single. He did have a really good time
If you live paycheck to paycheck spending everything spare on toys and wants now, a lottery ticket wont change that.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Sandy beach with waves on one side and a quiet salt pond on the other to moore the tuna boat or go for a paddle.
And at the first sign of hurricane season ramping up, move to the ski house in the mountains.

Sponsor

Staff online