• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

abcd

Putting on skis
Skier
Recently found a couple of videos on preview videos to Rogan's course on how to get out of intermediate skiing. At $150 the price is pretty steep and previews are ok but didn't blow me away right out of the box.
Did anyone buy it? Should I invest or I'm better of getting 1 year subscription to Projected instead?

WadeHoliday

Out on the slopes
SkiTalk Tester
Hi abcd,
I haven't seen Mike's videos or course, but he's a great teacher that I've skied with. I have the projected subscription, and enjoy the footage and ideas, but I don't think it is focused on skiers getting out of the intermediate plateau. It is much more focused on refinement of "expert" skiers in my view.

Cheers!
w

razie

Sir Shiftsalot
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can't really find any review about Rogan's - somehow I can't even find interesting videos of him skiing other than some bumps...

The Projected dudes rock! They tend to be higher level, but we could argue that's what makes a good demo and there is a ton of info, their thoughts, ideas and drills etc. Also I understand the new video is not directed to advanced/experts, but lower.

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Can't really find any review about Rogan's - somehow I can't even find interesting videos of him skiing other than some bumps...

The Projected dudes rock! They tend to be higher level, but we could argue that's what makes a good demo and there is a ton of info, their thoughts, ideas and drills etc. Also I understand the new video is not directed to advanced/experts, but lower.

It's directed about the same level as the other Projected vids.

TS
abcd

abcd

Putting on skis
Skier
Sean Warman had a couple of DVDs featuring Rogan as one of demo skiers. There are snapshots from there on his youtube channel with some of Rogan's skiing, the green-pants guy twice in the clip below
I have one of those DVDs (though I don't have a DVD player anymore) and while the concept is clear to me and I understand what they are saying, it doesn't translate to anything practical for me (e.g. to achieve A do B), unfortunately

razie

Sir Shiftsalot
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sean Warman had a couple of DVDs featuring Rogan as one of demo skiers. There are snapshots from there on his youtube channel with some of Rogan's skiing, the green-pants guy twice in the clip below

That's inconclusive as well, just hopping in some steeps... This is getting weird... he seems well known, in sure he skis well, but... no clips on the net??

I have one of those DVDs (though I don't have a DVD player anymore) and while the concept is clear to me and I understand what they are saying, it doesn't translate to anything practical for me (e.g. to achieve A do B), unfortunately

So with the projected, you can I guess try the first month and see them all - see if they makes sense.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Mike Rogan has been the head coach of the PSIA National Team for years. In Ski magazine, the how-to pages have been written by him. He's at the top of PSIA.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
He is friggin incredible and his teaching skills are second to none in my opinion. The US National Team utilizes his technical skills. He is head of the ski school at Portillo and one of the areas in the Tahoe area. He is "up there" in PSIA.

I worked with him at the Epic Ski Academy - Phil was there, it was back in 06. It turned out to be a huge breakthrough in my skiing. I like him! But I don't know much about the vids.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
He is friggin incredible and his teaching skills are second to none in my opinion. The US National Team utilizes his technical skills. He is head of the ski school at Portillo and one of the areas in the Tahoe area. He is "up there" in PSIA.

I worked with him at the Epic Ski Academy - Phil was there, it was back in 06. It turned out to be a huge breakthrough in my skiing. I like him! But I don't know much about the vids.

Robin Barnes is the head of the ski school at Portillo, not Mike Rogan.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January