• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold How much are my Kore 93's worth?

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I'm considering selling my 180 Kore 93's. 2018 model. Mounted with Attack 13 demo bindings.

I take care of my skis, but they do have about 40 days on them, so the topsheets show some age. Bases are in about an 8 out of 10 conditions, and edges 9 out of 10.

Any idea what I could sell them for?

Want them?

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
You could check eBay for sales comps.

Or you could start with the TGR method:

50% of current online price (not MSRP)
-10% per year old
-10% per times drilled, per core shot, per delam...etc
-10% per marker binding attatched
+10-30% for Rare/High-demand item

TS
Steve

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
$450

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You could check eBay for sales comps.

Or you could start with the TGR method:

50% of current online price (not MSRP)
-10% per year old
-10% per times drilled, per core shot, per delam...etc
-10% per marker binding attatched
+10-30% for Rare/High-demand item

That rule is probably, what, 20 years old?
Kinda unfair to modern Markers -- I haven't heard anyone say they "markered out" in a long time.
The rest of the logic still seems valid.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Kinda unfair to modern Markers -- I haven't heard anyone say they "markered out" in a long time.

now you just dislocate your shoulder the trying to get out of Markers- minus an additional 5%

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier

Apparently you haven't noticed the common disdain for Marker Royal-series which require a ton of forward pressure to be set properly.

Or their Kingpin bindings which failed catastrophically in multiple ways.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
now you just dislocate your shoulder the trying to get out of Markers- minus an additional 5%

Apparently you haven't noticed the common disdain for Marker Royal-series which require a ton of forward pressure to be set properly.

Or the fact that stepping in requires so much force that I tweaked my knees multiple times.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

I think I am the only one who actually likes Marker Royals in these forums :huh:

Been using them for years (Griffons) and have not had any issues. I do adjust them myself and check afd position and forward pressure carefully every time.

The Kingpins had issues with the pins and that was fixed in the newer models.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I'm considering selling my 180 Kore 93's. 2018 model. Mounted with Attack 13 demo bindings.

I take care of my skis, but they do have about 40 days on them, so the topsheets show some age. Bases are in about an 8 out of 10 conditions, and edges 9 out of 10.

Any idea what I could sell them for?

Want them?

$350 maybe. Less than that flat.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I think I am the only one who actually likes Marker Royals in these forums :huh:

Been using them for years (Griffons) and have not had any issues. I do adjust them myself and check afd position and forward pressure carefully every time.

The Kingpins had issues with the pins and that was fixed in the newer models.
I've got Griffons too -- didn't actively choose them, but I've been satisfied with them. I haven't had any problems with retention, release, or putting them back on in powder. I might have set forward pressure a smidge less than spec.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

No, you are not the only one. My family all preferred Griffon & Jesters over Attacks.
Lots of it is urban myth and BS.

ETA: Both Andrew and I have our bindings set to a DIN of 10. We have no issues stepping in, ever.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Lots of it is urban myth and BS.

I don't see how you can call the fact that they objectively take far more forward pressure to setup correctly a myth. That design choice means they are often a pain for small people, in deeper snow, or just as a shop tech. Just because they work fine for you doesn't make other peoples experience (like @coskigirl or @Brian Finch who are both avid skiers with experience with tons of different gear) BS.

I've never had a problem stepping into them, but I'm not a 130# person in deep snow. I do prefer setting up basically any other binding because of what a PITA their heel design is.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Nope, and here’s the votes that prove it.

There is certainly a loyal following.

But another way to frame the results of that poll are that 45% of people who bought a Marker binding probably wouldn't again. That's hardly a number I'd want to hang my hat on and demonstrates why TGRs rules still apply for a decent portion of the population.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
But another way to frame the results of that poll are that 45% of people who bought a Marker binding probably wouldn't again. That's hardly a number I'd want to hang my hat on and demonstrates why TGRs rules still apply for a decent portion of the population.

Well, 45% of people that answered that poll...which IMO is hardly anywhere near a reliable way to say that "45% of people who bought a Marker binding probably wouldn't again". My point was simply that Ken_R is not alone in liking Marker bindings. Considering that the Griffon is the most-sold ski binding in the US, I think they're doing something right. Personally, if I were selling skis, I would not take 10% off my asking price for having a Marker binding. Everything else in the TGR method holds true to how I price skis when I sell them.

To bring this fully back on topic, I think Steve is spot on for asking price in the 3rd post.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Put them on craigslist for $350 with bindings and take the first $300 offer. If you go too high you'll get a bunch of tire kickers.

There are some 2018 189 cm on evo for $460 including shipping.

TS
Steve

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
All in all it's probably not worth selling them at that price point. I bought 2019 Soul 7 HD's and I think they'll do everything the Kore's do. We'll see. The 2014 Soul's I had were great, but a bit soft.

<thread drift> Neither have Marker bindings. </thread drift>

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't see how you can call the fact that they objectively take far more forward pressure to setup correctly a myth. That design choice means they are often a pain for small people, in deeper snow, or just as a shop tech. Just because they work fine for you doesn't make other peoples experience (like @coskigirl or @Brian Finch who are both avid skiers with experience with tons of different gear) BS.

I've never had a problem stepping into them, but I'm not a 130# person in deep snow. I do prefer setting up basically any other binding because of what a PITA their heel design is.

For me, skiing is more subjective (feel) rather than objective (data). I am not high on what most skiers like either. I know what I like and I ski on what I like. Other skiers can ski on whatever they like. Not my problem.

All my skis in the middle of the range (80-100) are set up with either Griffon or Jesters. For me, they skied better with the Marker. The ones over 100 mm are all mounted with Attacks. The Attack feels more surfy. The ones under 70 mm are mostly heavy metal race binding specific to that ski.

Bought Mamie a second pair of Cham 87 few years back. Mounted them with Attack 13. She hated them every time she took them out. She keep going back to the original pair. I told her they are the exact same skis. Well, if you are married, you know how the conversation went. We were on the road at the time. I ripped the a pair of Griffon off another pair of my skis to remount her Cham. She was happy as a clam after that. Saved a trip to the divorce court.

Data wise. Mamie is 5’/1”, #125 with a 265 BSL. 100+ days per season skier. The Griffon works for her. YMMV.

All I can say is we’ll ski on what we like and you should do likewise. You can get on your soap box if you like. That is your prerogative. I have neither the time nor the energy.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
All in all it's probably not worth selling them at that price point. I bought 2019 Soul 7 HD's and I think they'll do everything the Kore's do. We'll see. The 2014 Soul's I had were great, but a bit soft.

<thread drift> Neither have Marker bindings. </thread drift>
Can close this thread then, since it really isn't a FOR Sale post?

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

I'd say, if you have a lowest price you'd want for them, just list them for that. Put them up here, ebay or in a local swap. If they don't sell for what you want for them, keep them. Being that you have a 180cm, and the leftovers from previous years seem to be all 189s, I think you could get a bite.

Sponsor

Staff online