• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold How much are my Kore 93's worth?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
For me, skiing is more subjective (feel) rather than objective (data). I am not high on what most skiers like either. I know what I like and I ski on what I like. Other skiers can ski on whatever they like. Not my problem.

All my skis in the middle of the range (80-100) are set up with either Griffon or Jesters. For me, they skied better with the Marker. The ones over 100 mm are all mounted with Attacks. The Attack feels more surfy. The ones under 70 mm are mostly heavy metal race binding specific to that ski.

Bought Mamie a second pair of Cham 87 few years back. Mounted them with Attack 13. She hated them every time she took them out. She keep going back to the original pair. I told her they are the exact same skis. Well, if you are married, you know how the conversation went. We were on the road at the time. I ripped the a pair of Griffon off another pair of my skis to remount her Cham. She was happy as a clam after that. Saved a trip to the divorce court.

Data wise. Mamie is 5’/1”, #125 with a 265 BSL. 100+ days per season skier. The Griffon works for her. YMMV.

All I can say is we’ll ski on what we like and you should do likewise. You can get on your soap box if you like. That is your prerogative. I have neither the time nor the energy.
You are a wise man.
I put Squires on my new Santa Anas because I demoed the skis with Markers and didn't want to change a THING. I curse those damn bindings every time I click into them.
My resident ski tech (I'm not joking, he really is) has taught me a better way to leverage the boot to step in more easily. It's still not great. He also has his own experiences with said brand and won't use them for certain specific reasons. Let's just say it's worth getting them tested at least once per season.

TS
Steve

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Can close this thread then, since it really isn't a FOR Sale post?

It's OK with me to close the thread as I'm not putting them for sale yet. Couldn't find the right forum to put this in honestly.

However will the Marker conversation be stopped unnecessarily?

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think I am the only one who actually likes Marker Royals in these forums :huh:

Been using them for years (Griffons) and have not had any issues. I do adjust them myself and check afd position and forward pressure carefully every time.

The Kingpins had issues with the pins and that was fixed in the newer models.

Hey Ken..your not alone...lol...my family and I ski them too. I ski Jesters, wife Griffons...daughters Squires....we don’t seem to have the issues mentioned constantly in threads....we have had positive experiences with them...and can step in without issue...:)

As my daughters get older, I can easily see putting them in some Attack 13’s....that’s a great install too.