• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Help Identifying Authenticity: Redster S9 Revoshock and Q9.8 Revoshock Ski Models with Unmatched Graphics

rrsh

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hello, I came across these ski models, the Redster S9 Revoshock and Redster Q9.8 Revoshock. The problem is that I can't find them anywhere online with the same design as in the pictures I've attached. I'm unsure if they are authentic, and I can't find the model with the same graphics anywhere on the internet. If anyone can help me understand what I've come across, I appreciate it.
image.png

Attachments

• image (1).png
    image (1).png
    252.7 KB · Views: 72
  • image (2).png
    image (2).png
    291.8 KB · Views: 69
  • image (3).png
    image (3).png
    401.5 KB · Views: 68
  • image (4).png
    image (4).png
    372.1 KB · Views: 66
  • image (5).png
    image (5).png
    261.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image (6).png
    image (6).png
    398.1 KB · Views: 70
  • image (7).png
    image (7).png
    235.2 KB · Views: 76
  • image (8).png
    image (8).png
    335.1 KB · Views: 76
  • image (9).png
    image (9).png
    251.3 KB · Views: 71
  • image (10).png
    image (10).png
    464.9 KB · Views: 65
  • image (11).png
    image (11).png
    280.7 KB · Views: 75
TS
rrsh

rrsh

Skier
I looked for a replacement for my old S9 model because I broke them, and I found these through someone who sells skis.
So, can I buy them?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-01-04 at 12.11.08.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-04 at 12.11.08.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 61

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
How did you break your old Atomic?

TS
rrsh

rrsh

Skier
I was on the chairlift with some beginners, and they had the wind guard locked. I couldn't open it on my own until it was too late. I ended up with the ski tip in the landing area where you dismount from the chair, and there was so much pressure on it that the ski broke while the binding was being released

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I looked for a replacement for my old S9 model because I broke them, and I found these through someone who sells skis.
So, can I buy them?

If they are on the sales floor you can buy them.

ETA: at this point Atomic will be cycling in next year's stock to shops that need replenishment or were waiting on delivery of certain models. In the case of the Redster S9 and Q9.8 they simply have NGT ("new graphics technology") so the only thing blocking them from being in the wild might be an embargo on the new typefaces and colors used.

Nice to see the Q9.8 getting closer to red - the "Orangester" is at least within the right part of the color wheel...

BLiP

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’m loving the 9.8. Probably favorite ski of the season so far. I’ll take them in any color. I want to try the 181 in crud.

It has been my reference ski in this category
I have a rep that has been pushing me to try the 9.8, but for some reason I've resisted. Maybe its time to give up the fight. I do like the Orangester version.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a rep that has been pushing me to try the 9.8, but for some reason I've resisted. Maybe its time to give up the fight. I do like the Orangester version.

It is a great ski: gives up nothing substantial over the X9s, adds width to give it some ability in the crud.

Truly a benchmark ski.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
PSA if anyone in Canada is after the Q9.8 SkiWest in Calgary has them on for 50% off at $650 $C , though only 181 are left. Monod in Banff had them for $689 $C all sizes when I checked yesterday, but are up to full price today -> methinks website might be in error on today's full price.

Sponsor

Staff online