• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hellmann's or Best Foods?

Which mayonnaise do you prefer?

• Hellmann's

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Best Foods

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
It's the same thing. It's called best foods out here in the west. I was confused when I graduated from culinary school and moved out here. No one had ever heard of hellmans in my kitchen

Edit:
Just saw your link in the op

Last edited:

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not a big fan of mayo, so neither. My mom used to make it at home, which was pretty good, but I never eat Best Foods or Hellmans if I can help it. For making egg or tuna salad, I use Lemonnaise.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Don't like Mayo. Miracle Whip.

And I knew they were the same. Now oddly, we've seen BOTH in the grocery store at once. An end display of Hellman's, and Best Foods in the normal mayo section.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

And I knew they were the same. Now oddly, we've seen BOTH in the grocery store at once. An end display of Hellman's, and Best Foods in the normal mayo section.
East of the Rockies is Hellmann's...West of the Rockies is Best Foods, so, you must be IN the Rockies to get both, I always wondered that. ;)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My ex was a Miracle Whip guy. I never understood the "off" taste of it. I much prefer mayonnaise.

I'm okay with Best Foods or Hellmans, depending on which side of the Rockies I'm in, but Phil....he's a Hellmans guy if he can help it.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I don't understand...what's the point then?

Haha

I tend to agree. I started using it for the SO who has high cholesterol and the grapeseed is the best for consistency and flavor. Then however, we started following a low carb diet where full fat foods are preferred so now we are back to using regular mayo.

Not sure which we have in fridge, assuming it's hellmans since best foods is what hellmans is called west of the Rockies.

Last edited:

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
My homemade.

This is interesting. I have wondered every since I moved to Montana why they don't have Hellman's in the grocery store. I see the BestFoods and just thought it was a cheap knockoff so I never bought it.

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Don't want to hijack but another product comes to mind. Fluff is on the east coast and 50% of the fine delicacy known as a fluffernutter. You can buy Fluff in California but it's called something else, can't recall at the moment. I think something like Marshmallow spread or something like that. I'm sure there are other products that are the same but go by different names depending on where they are located. This even extends to grocery stores. Kroger out here but out west it's Ralph, Food 4 less and many others. Northern California Safeway, southern California Vons.

I'm bored at work today. Sorry for the derail.

Sponsor

Staff online