• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hellmann's or Best Foods?

Which mayonnaise do you prefer?

• Hellmann's

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Best Foods

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
THOMY - doesn't matter where I find it, but I will find it.

8a9f28d559bc37fc7e146c884344a88a.jpg

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't want to hijack but another product comes to mind. Fluff is on the east coast and 50% of the fine delicacy known as a fluffernutter. You can buy Fluff in California but it's called something else, can't recall at the moment. I think something like Marshmallow spread or something like that. I'm sure there are other products that are the same but go by different names depending on where they are located. This even extends to grocery stores. Kroger out here but out west it's Ralph, Food 4 less and many others. Northern California Safeway, southern California Vons.

I'm bored at work today. Sorry for the derail.

I think you're thinking of Marshmallow Creme but my understanding is they are different products.

Dryer's and Eddy's Ice Cream are another example.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I think you're thinking of Marshmallow Creme but my understanding is they are different products.

Dryer's and Eddy's Ice Cream are another example.

Maybe but I remember a label that was very similar if not the same but it being called something different. Who knows maybe they used to have a similar label and Fluff wrote them a C & D letter and they revised it. Next time I'm in Cali I'll check it out. I kinda want a fluffernutter now. I think I actually have some fluff in the fridge. I can't think about what that stuff really is because I'll want to throw it right in the trash but PB and Marshmallow, yummy.........

Right Dryer's and Eddy's. I know there's more.....

Last edited:

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
I wondered when someone would bring up Duke’s.
Well for us folks down here in the Great South East ya'll just a bunch of yankees. Dukes is the king of mayo.

full disclosure: I'm a halfback originally from Michigan which is where I got hooked on Miracle Whip.
full disclosure #2; a halfback is a yankee who moved south and has since come halfway back.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
"Bring out the Hellman's and bring out the best"....the jingle says it all......Dukes does rock the mayo world though, but tough to find in the Minneapple and in NYC area. The others are just pretenders.....I'm going to write it: vegan mayo just isn't mayo. No eggs, not mayo.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
@Sibhusky

I found this

Confusion with Dreyer's[edit]
In the Western U.S. and Texas,[13] Breyers ice cream is sometimes confused with Dreyer's ice cream.[citation needed] While Henry Breyer founded Breyers in 1908 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, William Dreyer and Joseph Edy co-founded their ice cream company, Edy's Grand Ice Cream, in 1928 in Oakland, California. However, the roots of this confusion date to 1953, when "Edy's Grand Ice Cream" changed its name to "Dreyer's Grand Ice Cream". Seeking to eliminate confusion between the two, Dreyer's changed the brand name of its products sold in the home market of Breyers from "Dreyer's Grand" to "Edy's Grand" in 1981.[14] Around that same time Breyers had begun an expansion towards the west coast - the home market of Dreyer's - and by the mid-1980s was distributing ice cream throughout the western U.S. and Texas.[15] Unlike Dreyer's, Breyers kept its brand name nationally, and as a result, both Breyers and Dreyer's can be found on store shelves in the western U.S. and Texas.[13][15]

Sponsor

Staff online