• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
That looks like a fun little area!
GreatDividetrailmap-768x384.jpg

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
I really wanted to go to both Great Divide and Showdown last year, but with the snow so good at Big Sky, just couldn't justify the extra drive and expense.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I just noticed something -- only a few green runs right at the bottom.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I really wanted to go to both Great Divide and Showdown last year, but with the snow so good at Big Sky, just couldn't justify the extra drive and expense.
A good "problem" to have! I keep thinking about trips to Discovery and Great Divide or possibly Rock Dodge but end up doing more laps at Big Sky.

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
Since we rolled our BS passes over this year, we are exploring this winter. In late December we hit Grand Targhee (great conditions and really fun mountain), hit Discovery yesterday, as with most of SW Montana, not much snow and only about half the mountain open. Still lots of fun and NO out of state plates. After a misserable summer of extremely rude tourists, I am very happy to be skiing where there are none. Going to Showdown this Saturday and have a weekend trip planned to Whitefish in February, also in our plans, snow dependent are Lost Trail, Great Divide and Maverick.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Since we rolled our BS passes over this year, we are exploring this winter. In late December we hit Grand Targhee (great conditions and really fun mountain), hit Discovery yesterday, as with most of SW Montana, not much snow and only about half the mountain open. Still lots of fun and NO out of state plates. After a misserable summer of extremely rude tourists, I am very happy to be skiing where there are none. Going to Showdown this Saturday and have a weekend trip planned to Whitefish in February, also in our plans, snow dependent are Lost Trail, Great Divide and Maverick.
Sounds like you need your own trip reports thread with lots of pictures. :)

Sponsor

Staff online