• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Good bootfitters who are reasonably priced in the SLC area?

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
If remember correctly, @Tony S and my son had punches done at the Snowbird base during last years gathering. Amusingly, my son paid less (the bro rate?)
I was thinking of just doing that for simplicity. I had my zipfits done at snowbird the first time I was there over 10 years ago. I figure just about fitter there will be light years ahead of anyone I can find local.

oldfashoned

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’m bumping this up. I thought I had my boots pretty well dialed in after getting foot beds this past weekend in VT but I realized the day after skiing on them the boots need another punch while I’m in SLC. Inkline or sports den would probably be more convenient than PCBR since I wasn’t really planning on going to PC. Any further recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks. :beercheer:
I called and emailed Inkline last week, trying to set up an appointment for late Feb. No response from either. They must be busy...

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Correct on both counts. The guy was good. His name was well known locally, but I forget it now. He works at Christy Sports on the tram deck, but I got the sense that the boot fitting piece was a quasi-separate business.
I think that’s who did my zipfits.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Christy Sport bought Boot Doctor (Taos & Telluride) last season. From what I understand, This season, they will try to leverage the brand if not the knowledge.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
There are only two places I can recommend, Gorsuch in Park City (Brian) and Inkline in SLC (Chris). You would probably need appointments.

They aren't the cheapest but then with boots and fitting, is cheapest ever the cheapest?

Just happened to be across the street from Inkline and noticed it wasn't there. Just googled it and says permanently closed, but maybe they have a different location now?

Chris is a super nice guy and a lot of people swear by him, but my wife and I were disappointed with our experience a few years ago. Also, he is a bit unorganized, which could be an issue for someone that may need to go back for further tweaks and is only in SLC for a limited time.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
I called and emailed Inkline last week, trying to set up an appointment for late Feb. No response from either. They must be busy...
Oops. Just replied to @Lorenzzo and then saw this. I think Inkline may now be either now out of business or moved.

Tough to specialize in the ski business, especially trying to make it almost purely on service without a big retail component. A place called Twin Peaks that I used to love for ski tunes went out of business a few years ago. Still a bit bummed abt it.

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
Oops. Just replied to @Lorenzzo and then saw this. I think Inkline may now be either now out of business or moved.

Tough to specialize in the ski business, especially trying to make it almost purely on service without a big retail component. A place called Twin Peaks that I used to love for ski tunes went out of business a few years ago. Still a bit bummed abt it.

Inkline’s new location is .....
922 S. 500 W. unit D

oldfashoned

Out on the slopes
Skier

Update: They did reach out to me this week. Yes they are very busy. Great people and very honest. After a long and open discussion he referred me to a colleague (at a different shop) that would have a better solution. I was impressed to say the least and very thankful. I will do business with them at some time...

James

Out There
Instructor
Edit II: I think it was Steve Bagley.
Steve Bagley has been around a long time. At esa 2003 a few of us got zipfits from him. He was involved in the Nordica binding mount study in 2006(?)
Honestly I don't know how it would be now, but he knew his stuff.

Kindbuzz

Booting up
Skier
I had a great experience with Brent Asbury about 5-6 years ago. so good i have not touched my boots since....

Park City Ski Boot & Pedorthic
1100 Iron Horse Drive
Unit “A”
Park City, Utah 84060

Please call 435-776-7883 for an appointment

1100 Iron Horse Drive, Park City, Utah 84060

Sponsor

Staff online