• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Good bootfitters who are reasonably priced in the SLC area?

speedster

Putting on skis
Skier
Looking for recommendations. Have a 2-week SLC trip coming up in early Jan. Thanks!

TS
speedster

speedster

Putting on skis
Skier
Staying in the Cottonwoods area, but planning to go to DV also, so either is fine.

TS
speedster

speedster

Putting on skis
Skier
One of my friends mentioned Park City Ski Boot. How do they compare to Inkline, price-wise and quality-of-work-wise?

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bumping this for more options. I got a recommendation for Matt Schiller at the Park City boot room but it sounds like it may be exorbitant in that he works with alot of USST members.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Are you actually having work done on your boots or are you looking to buy you boots?Do you have difficult to fit feet? Are you going for a very precise tight fit?

Marcel

Booting up
Skier
jeremy at sport loft in slc did a great job for me! other options like already mentioned inkline in slc, and brent at park city ski boot.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
One of my friends mentioned Park City Ski Boot. How do they compare to Inkline, price-wise and quality-of-work-wise?

I’ve heard good things about every shop that has been mentioned and have talked to most in person.
Brent at Park City Ski Boot took care of me before this season and I am happy with my boots.
I’ve had a good experience at Sports Den on Foothill (Curtis) for a boot that needed to be punched and purchased boots for my wife there and got many questions answered.
I’ve been into Inkline and he was able to provide an approximate price for a fitted boot but didn’t proceed as I was still in a boot that worked for me. .
Sport Loft seemed like they wanted me at an appointment prior to discussing prices.
Add Daleboot to the list also.
I would pick up the phone and talk to each one and ask the same questions and see who you feel good about after talking to them. As @Lorenzzo said, the cheapest may not be the best option

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'd go with what Lorenzzo said, beyond that, I really don't know :huh:
I'm lucky enough to have an inside track to my fitter locally. He's so busy, he's almost impossible to get in to see. He's very good at what he does, for sure.

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Are you actually having work done on your boots or are you looking to buy you boots?Do you have difficult to fit feet? Are you going for a very precise tight fit?
Contemplating new boots. Stiffer. I went into mach 120 mvs with no punching just a custom footbed and a bit of liner work. I would like a seasoned eye to evaluate stance and cuff alignment because there was little if anything done at the time. I may not need anything but Thought a 130 might be better to advance as I am a clyde at 6 7” 263 lbs.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I’m bumping this up. I thought I had my boots pretty well dialed in after getting foot beds this past weekend in VT but I realized the day after skiing on them the boots need another punch while I’m in SLC. Inkline or sports den would probably be more convenient than PCBR since I wasn’t really planning on going to PC. Any further recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks. :beercheer:

TS
speedster

speedster

Putting on skis
Skier
I’m bumping this up. I thought I had my boots pretty well dialed in after getting foot beds this past weekend in VT but I realized the day after skiing on them the boots need another punch while I’m in SLC. Inkline or sports den would probably be more convenient than PCBR since I wasn’t really planning on going to PC. Any further recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks. :beercheer:

I really liked Chris Slade @ Northern Ski Works if you'd be going back to Killington between now and SLC. I believe each punch there is like $20 (99% sure) compared to Inkline's $50. I don't know if Inkline could be that much better.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I really liked Chris Slade @ Northern Ski Works if you'd be going back to Killington between now and SLC. I believe each punch there is like $20 (99% sure) compared to Inkline's $50. I don't know if Inkline could be that much better.
I actually bought my boots and footbeds at Northern so a punch would cost me nothing. Unfortunately I won’t be up there again before my trip.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If remember correctly, @Tony S and my son had punches done at the Snowbird base during last years gathering. Amusingly, my son paid less (the bro rate?)

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If remember correctly, @Tony S and my son had punches done at the Snowbird base during last years gathering. Amusingly, my son paid less (the bro rate?)

Correct on both counts. The guy was good. His name was well known locally, but I forget it now. He works at Christy Sports on the tram deck, but I got the sense that the boot fitting piece was a quasi-separate business.

Edit: In all fairness, I'd charge more to wait on me than to wait on Matchstix.

Edit II: I think it was Steve Bagley.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ogg

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Powderhouse in Cottonwood Heights depending who is there.
Curtis at Sports Den would be the first choice

Reactions: Ogg

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid