• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Dear Copper Community Member,

After careful reflection I wanted to let you know that, effective July 13, 2018; I will be stepping down as President and GM of Copper Mountain Resort.

Twenty years ago my wife Sue and I re-located to Copper and Summit County from Whistler BC. It has been a very exciting adventure. We have raised two boys on the slopes of Copper and the ice rinks around the state. We have made a lifetime’s worth of friends and memories. Copper will always have a special place in our hearts.

I am very proud to have worked with the Copper team over the last 20 years. They are the best in the business and I know Copper will continue to thrive and flourish under their leadership and Powdr ownership. Copper has tremendous momentum and I leave knowing that it is in very good hands. The investments and support being provided by Powdr combined with the expertise of the Copper team will truly make Copper the “best version of itself” it can be for generations to come.

It has also been a pleasure to watch the Copper community grow and evolve. It has been a privilege to work with so many dedicated community members over the years and to see the positive impacts that have been made. As I say each year at our annual awards dinner; despite the change around us, two things have remained constant at Copper, the quality of the people and the quality of the “Rock”.

Further communication will be coming regarding the transition; but I assure you that you are in good hands as we have a strong leadership team in place who will continue to deliver on our mission of driving passion for the mountain today and tomorrow.

See you on the slopes!

TS
S

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Seems like a pretty quick exit ... a week? I'm looking for scuttlebutt...

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Seems like a pretty quick exit ... a week? I'm looking for scuttlebutt...

The ethics officer in me thinks there have been credible accusations made but because of his tenure they've given him the option to leave gracefully but quickly.

TS
S

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hearing that this may have something to do with Cumming's exit from Powdr...

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do you think this will have an impact on Copper?

Sponsor

Staff online