• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Formula 1 2023

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Baku had cover issues. Haters gonna hate. It's a business.

Las Vegas is hands down the best street circuit in terms of overtaking opportunities and overall dynamics. I did not know what to expect but was just blown away by how good it actually was. Proper, proper car racing.
It can become legendary the way Laguna Seca is for Moto GP-aaaand here we have Rossi through the Corkscrew one last time…..chills.

Well done America, hehe.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I caught the end of it. What a fun race to catch.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is a really well-written article about the drain cover incident:

Man, I miss the Rossi/Alien years. My MotoGP interest has really faded since then.

The drain cover incident is nothing new, we had this already in the past and not once-Baku, China, Malaysia..

Yeah, those were the days in Moto GP, first Doohan and then The Doctor who brought it to an entirely new level. Then Mark and now it is a bit meh…

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I figured this was going to be one race and done in Vegas. The racing was actually good. Next year they need to start earlier so they aren't driving on ice.

I would hate to live in Vegas for this or visit. The smart person waited until the end to purchase tickets for $85

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have friends that do. They're here, on purpose.
I don't understand that. Hot, crowded, awful traffic, continuous water shortage concerns (but keep building!). No way could I live there.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't understand that. Hot, crowded, awful traffic, continuous water shortage concerns (but keep building!). No way could I live there.

Yup. OTOH I'm super stoked that 2+ million people live there, and not by me.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I think you missed my point. They love it during the rest of the year - but they're in DC now.
I thought you meant they were there (living there) on purpose. For me, Vegas is still hot, crowded, and has terrible traffic even if you're just visiting.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I thought you meant they were there (living there) on purpose.

Well, now you know what I had meant - though, coincidentally, they are living there on purpose.

But it's also easily true that they're in a completely different silo of interests and slice of demographics than you are.

For me, Vegas is still hot, crowded, and has terrible traffic even if you're just visiting.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Season done. Silly season to start. How long before we know if Sargent is a stay or gone?

Sponsor

Staff online