• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Formula 1 2023

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I completely agree with you. The only issue is whether the fun police legal and insurance industries would even let it happen.
Well yes, there is that...

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Well Vegas has always been about circuses. This is about the most expensive clown show in history.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I had never heard of Nurburgring or an Ariel Atom until i stumbled on this video:

An Ariel Atom is as close as you can get to riding a motorcycle, while still driving a car. Super cool little toys.

ON TOPIC: Did the penalty stand against Ferrari for the drain cover incident?

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I think that's harsh. Is it really any worse than Monaco??
Well it's a race that's absolutely not needed. Drivers aren't enthused. Track wasn't fit for purpose. They penalise a guy on front row of grid for damage caused by feck ups caused by FIA/Liberty. Then they boot paying fans out of the stands after only a few mins of action having made them wait hours. Clown show is kinda generous.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Well yeah Monaco is a parade and most other street circuits aren't that much better. Tbh it got ruined as any semblance of a sport by the Hamilton title heist. It was already kinda screwed by Bernie but Liberty have taken it further into WWE territory.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Lol. No. But Ferrari is lucky there's only one more race as the this $1.5 million repair goes against their spending cap.
This situation was so unavoidable and not the team's or driver's fault. It seems like FIA just was reading the book without seeing the actual problem. Just following the flow chart.

2Old4Rails

Super Serious Athlete
Skier
I agree with Verstappen about the whole show, but his comments that he felt like a clown are a bit dramatic. I watched the opening ceremony just to see what he was complaining about and it looks like he just had to stand there for a bit after they introduced his team.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
After all that was said, it turned out to actually be a pretty good race. Even Verstappen, after all his complaining, channelled his inner Elvis

Sponsor