• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ford to Introduce New Bronco...Interesting Date?

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
They are going to introduce it on July 9th.
That would be the 73rd birthday of one Orenthal James Simpson, better known as O.J.. The Juice.

Presume they will not have a white one featured. If they do, they should hire Al Cowlings to drive it.

Great to see that a corporation as big as Ford could be so stupid, and so stubborn in not changing plans...yet.

The two people in the PR busines in my family could not believe it!!

Either moronic or briliant!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IIRC, the release date was supposed to be a few weeks ago but with Covid, it got pushed back...I think it is untimely coincidence.

If the upcoming Bronco wasn't such a hommage to the original one, I think they could have really used it to their advantage with tongue firmly planted in their cheek.

TS
Muleski

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Some of the press about it is pretty entertaining. As in...really??
Who knows? Guess we’ll see!

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Either moronic or briliant!

Both prolly :roflmao:

I am just astounded they took so long to make a Bronco. Its was just a chopped F150 with seats and a hardtop in the back.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Both prolly :roflmao:

I am just astounded they took so long to make a Bronco. Its was just a chopped F150 with seats and a hardtop in the back.
I think the new one is more an hommage to this white Bronco....
9f4e1e0eee18d70865f9026151f302c9.jpg

than this white Bronco...
OJ-White-Ford-Bronco-001.jpg

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Well they are getting talked about so from a PR perspective job done. I must admit that I know nothing of the Bronco other than it being a horse name like the Mustang but OJ was the only thing I associated the thread title with. Good to know I'm not just ignorant.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Ford must not follow the Today in History thread.
This clueless about history thing must be catching this month.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I think the new one is more an hommage to this white Bronco....
9f4e1e0eee18d70865f9026151f302c9.jpg

than this white Bronco...
OJ-White-Ford-Bronco-001.jpg

Ok, so more Jeep (small, off-road) than SuV.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ok, so more Jeep (small, off-road) than SuV.
Judging by the spy photos...Closer to a Jeep and off roading but I don't think "small" will be able to be used as a discriptor.
screen-shot-2020-03-09-at-4-45-58-pm-1583786833.png

4 door version

I think there will be a 2 door version also but haven't seen any good photos yet.

There will also be a Bronco "Sport"
ford-bronco-sport-2.jpg

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
That Sport looking a lot like a Land Rover Disco? The Range Rover for patriots angle?

Funnily enough I though Ford would be more into true 4x4 offroad capability from their time owning JLR but they didn't seem to ever leverage that. With the F150 being the bestselling passenger vehicle in the world maybe can see why.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That Bronco Sport looks very interesting. While I love my CX-5, I do miss some of the off-road capability and have been considering my options for when my lease is up. Currently the Rav-4 Adventure or TRD and the Tacoma are topping my list but I might have to consider this.

Reactions: Ron

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Date has been changed:
“The reveal of the all-new Ford Bronco lineup will now happen on Monday, July 13. The previous targeted date of July 9 unintentionally coincided with O.J. Simpson’s birthday,” stated Mark Truby, vice president of communications for Ford, via Twitter.

“We wanted to be sensitive and respectful of this concern.”

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
That Bronco Sport looks very interesting. While I love my CX-5, I do miss some of the off-road capability and have been considering my options for when my lease is up. Currently the Rav-4 Adventure or TRD and the Tacoma are topping my list but I might have to consider this.

me too! Not enough info yet. I do want it to be comfortable and powerful enough for road trips. So far, the new Jeep Grand Cherokee is the front runner for me. Im just not sure what market they are going after, what makes me a little Leary is that this isn't going to compete with their own Explorer so I have a feeling this might be more of the Jeep wrangler crowd.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January