• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fenway Park Snow Jump!

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
This is circus disrespecting our greatest living athletic cathedral. Hallowed ground as this deserves as much or more respect as a church or synagogue. Would they set up a monster truck mud dash at Augusta National? Not a chance in Hooting (Hootie?) hell. Yes there is a longing for hickory against horsehide, the echoing of fastball against padded leather in the winter but so is there for...um...say...sexual infidelity or at times larceny. But decent people resist those urges as they should resist this cheap, shoddy, blasphemous display of infidelity. I hang my head over this and hope...no...demand and hope? Crap not finding it. Ok...I earnestly with great force hope that this is not the harbinger of what we as Americans are now willing to sell, that is, any and all things precious, holy and sacred.

That's what bothers me about this.

Rant over /////

I despise baseball...

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
This is circus disrespecting our greatest living athletic cathedral. Hallowed ground as this deserves as much or more respect as a church or synagogue. Would they set up a monster truck mud dash at Augusta National? Not a chance in Hooting (Hootie?) hell. Yes there is a longing for hickory against horsehide, the echoing of fastball against padded leather in the winter but so is there for...um...say...sexual infidelity or at times larceny. But decent people resist those urges as they should resist this cheap, shoddy, blasphemous display of infidelity. I hang my head over this and hope...no...demand and hope? Crap not finding it. Ok...I earnestly with great force hope that this is not the harbinger of what we as Americans are now willing to sell, that is, any and all things precious, holy and sacred.

That's what bothers me about this.

Rant over /////

PFFFT.. You forgot GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!!

They've done ski jumps in baseball stadiums already at least a couple times dating WAY back to the 1950s..
Dodger stadium below..
dodgerstadiumskijump.jpg

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
PFFFT.. You forgot GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!!

They've done ski jumps in baseball stadiums already at least a couple times dating WAY back to the 1950s..
Dodger stadium below..
dodgerstadiumskijump.jpg

This is from a book in my library. Ski jumps in stadiums/arenas were pretty common. They even did one in Madison Square Garden in the 1930s.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
FWIW... It was esoteric but I wasn't serious, I was teasing Sox fans a bit, they're traditional. I do think it's weird but funny.

In Anaheim they truck in enormous amounts of mud from time to time and do some sort of truck pig stuff.

Last edited:

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
There was a good photo on the front page of the Boston Globe, and the next day the results were the main story on the front page of the sports section. Much better than the usual 2 column inches buried on page 7 that the WC gets.

Sponsor

Staff online