• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fenway Park Snow Jump!

James

Out There
Instructor
The comp starts today. This is pretty cool.

image.jpg

http://www.boston.com/sports/2016/0...competition/42zshQ8mSmCNBGuZdMlt6J/story.html

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oh Wow!

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Now if they could just combine actual live batting practice while the jumping was going on, well, that would really be something and I'm certain it would boost ticket sales.

BTW, were the concessions open for this?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It was supposed to be on NBC-SC but I couldn't find it.

NESkiBum

Booting up
Skier
Now if they could just combine actual live batting practice while the jumping was going on, well, that would really be something and I'm certain it would boost ticket sales.

BTW, were the concessions open for this?
Yes the concessions were open.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
It was supposed to be on NBC-SC but I couldn't find it.

I was channel surfing last night and came across it. More coverage tonight.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There are so many right and wrong things about this I can't get my mind around it...it's blown.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Aha! Boston is slyly testing the waters for an Olympic bid. Build a bunch of similar ramps around the stadium, one for SL, one for GS, one for DH, one with a half-pipe, a flat surface around the top for X-C, etc. Ice skating on the floor. They can stage the whole Olympic Games at a single stadium! 'Cept for the stadium seats will be obscured by all the infrastructure, but hey, that's what cameras are for. Then when it's done they can tear it all down and re-use the scaffolding elsewhere.

(They always encourage me to think outside the box, but I don't think they really mean it.)

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
Start the downhill on top of the Prudential building?
Bostoners did reject the summer games but winter wasn't tried.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is circus disrespecting our greatest living athletic cathedral. Hallowed ground as this deserves as much or more respect as a church or synagogue. Would they set up a monster truck mud dash at Augusta National? Not a chance in Hooting (Hootie?) hell. Yes there is a longing for hickory against horsehide, the echoing of fastball against padded leather in the winter but so is there for...um...say...sexual infidelity or at times larceny. But decent people resist those urges as they should resist this cheap, shoddy, blasphemous display of infidelity. I hang my head over this and hope...no...demand and hope? Crap not finding it. Ok...I earnestly with great force hope that this is not the harbinger of what we as Americans are now willing to sell, that is, any and all things precious, holy and sacred.

That's what bothers me about this.

Rant over /////

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
It's a freakin' stadium. You do stadium things in it. It sits empty all winter. They played hockey there too. Guarantee if you could do monster trucks there they'd fill it.
More apt comparison would be hot air balloons at Augusta.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Switch double back was my favorite trick, old school and new school combined FTW.. So what if it wasn't as technically difficult according to the criteria. Pretty sure nobody that sets the DOD ever threw one of those..

Sponsor

Staff online