• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

End of Year Ski Purchase

dawgcatching

Snow? What is that?
Industry Insider
That's a great deal on AX's. Grab them!

I can get SC's for $650 if you are looking that similar forgiving yet precise flex in a narrower 72mm package. I wrote a review of my pair recently, it's a superb ski, quite similar to the AX, just a bit more precise in the tip and narrower. The AX is mostly sold out through Stockli, as a redesign is coming, I think they have a handful of 167's left, but not at $400!

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
That's a great deal on AX's. Grab them!

I can get SC's for $650 if you are looking that similar forgiving yet precise flex in a narrower 72mm package. I wrote a review of my pair recently, it's a superb ski, quite similar to the AX, just a bit more precise in the tip and narrower. The AX is mostly sold out through Stockli, as a redesign is coming, I think they have a handful of 167's left, but not at $400!

Look back to post number 18 to see what happened.

Dana McMaster

Booting up
Skier
I'm hoping the redesign of the AX is just a top sheet upgrade, cuz if its a total redesign I may have to grab that AX demo thats been calling my name for the past few weeks at the local shop. The only reason I haven't grabbed them yet is the Tyrolia Pro 12 demo bindings. I'd really hate to pull the tyrolias and have to drill more holes to mount a pivot binding.

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
My Head Rally skis delivered today and I set the binding (PRX 12 S) for my 306 BSL and I started to wonder how different the ski would act if I moved the setting forward 1 CM or 1.5 CM. So the question is has anyone tried playing around with the position of the mount on the Head Rally?

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Picked up these w/ clamps @ 399.00
D.jpg

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Hoping to get on them Sunday for a few laps before the noon nukeage. Then they will suck.

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
Hoping to get on them Sunday for a few laps before the noon nukeage. Then they will suck.
Good luck, you must be out west because nothing in the east is open.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Our season ends Memorial day. Then Hood is just an hour away for a quickie if you have an urge. Gosh these Winters go by so fast.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Good luck, you must be out west because nothing in the east is open.
Except for Killington of course. The King of Spring is alive and kicking long into May. Made 19 runs yesterday. Here is a morning Superstar shot before I ditched my new vintage Cluckys windshirt.

6May16.jpg

liv2ski

Sierra Cement Inspector
Skier
I wanted a specific ski and did a google/yahoo search to see who had them in my size. Called or emailed each shop with a $400 offer on a $800 MSRP ski. Got a shop back east to bite for about $450 shipped. The prices the OP posted up are waaaay to high for me. But I buy lots of stuff, so I need deals.;)

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
I wanted a specific ski and did a google/yahoo search to see who had them in my size. Called or emailed each shop with a $400 offer on a $800 MSRP ski. Got a shop back east to bite for about $450 shipped. The prices the OP posted up are waaaay to high for me. But I buy lots of stuff, so I need deals.;)
I went on e-bay and found a new 2016 Head Rally 170 CM with PRX 12S binding that was not the cheapest price but I was able to negotiate down to the same as one of the VT shops on line. It was not $450 but I have not seen them cheaper. What ski did you get for $450 was it new and did it have the binding?

liv2ski

Sierra Cement Inspector
Skier
I went on e-bay and found a new 2016 Head Rally 170 CM with PRX 12S binding that was not the cheapest price but I was able to negotiate down to the same as one of the VT shops on line. It was not $450 but I have not seen them cheaper. What ski did you get for $450 was it new and did it have the binding?

Sorry about the slow reply. I bought new Atomic Vantage 100 cti's. If I would have bought the 188's I found them for $390, but I wanted the 180, which of course is the best selling size and exactly the same ski for next season.

Sponsor

Staff online