• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Drying boots: liners out or in?

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
And there is exactly the issue with most stock liners in consumer boots. They just aren't designed for easy out/easy in. There's too many places where they will catch on the shell and wear or tear. I wish manufacturers would put more thought into their designs when it comes to day-to-day operation.
The most expensive component in a ski boot is a liner
It’s Hand sewn expensive labor
So guess where they gonna try n cut costs

Hence zip fits

CS2-6

>50% Chicken Fried Steak w/w
Skier
Awesome. Glad to see the debate continues. Thanks for all the input. Next wet day I'll leave one foot bed in and take the other out and see how they look in the morning.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Since a lot of folks in this thread may not read the huge ZipFit thread, there is a great solution for improving the ease of liner in/out. Use long strips of PTFE/UHMW tape on the boot liner sole, bootboard, and along the rear spine of the shell. This is super thin very durable tape that is also impervious to high temps. Doing this creates a tape-on-tape interface when your liner slides in and out of the shell. I like the 3M type (1.5" width version)

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Generally in unless for some reason things have gotten real wet. I always pull em out after multiple days so that they get completely dry. The small air dryer is the winner on a normal day.

Sponsor

Staff online