• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cat in a box

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm sorry, @Wilhelmson :( I prefer to keep mine inside because of cars, and especially where we live, predators. But, he is SO happy going outside, where he typically doesn't stray too far, that I let him out to wander daily. Sometimes, knowing they were ultra happy AND healthy living life using their hunting instincts makes it not such a sting when something untimely happens.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Cat in ze tree

Oscar.jpg

Cat on ze bed
Oscar1.jpg

Cat in ze grass
Oscar2.jpg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I'm sorry, @Wilhelmson :( I prefer to keep mine inside because of cars, and especially where we live, predators. But, he is SO happy going outside, where he typically doesn't stray too far, that I let him out to wander daily. Sometimes, knowing they were ultra happy AND healthy living life using their hunting instincts makes it not such a sting when something untimely happens.
All of ours are indoor only and the only one that seemed to want to escape is now approaching 20 and has all but lost interest. Around here the only predators to worry about are the ones on 2 legs or 4 wheels. In the suburbs you also have to worry about what is being sprayed your neighbor's lawn because your cats can't read the "avoid for 24 hrs" signs placed there. 2 of my father's cats that liked to roam died from cancer so the 4 he's had since are indoor only.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
All of ours are indoor only and the only one that seemed to want to escape is now approaching 20 and has all but lost interest. Around here the only predators to worry about are the ones on 2 legs or 4 wheels. In the suburbs you also have to worry about what is being sprayed your neighbor's lawn because your cats can't read the "avoid for 24 hrs" signs placed there. 2 of my father's cats that liked to roam died from cancer so the 4 he's had since are indoor only.
We have to worry about the lawns, too. Thankfully, things dry very quickly around here. Also, thankfully we don't have fleas here!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Our cats have always been inside cats. Mouse is sooo fascinated by birds and will spend hours running from window to window watching them with extreme interest. None of them seem to have an interest in going outside. Pacino used to escape once in a while and I'd have to dive after him. All he'd do is run and hide in the bushes. My street is too busy and we have too many creatures outside for me to ever think about it. Besides I like to think that Brando, Tiki and Mouse have a pretty plush life and know how good they have it.

Reactions: Ogg

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Years ago my Dad was taking care of my cats. He had a set of sliding glass doors in his living room with no steps so the animals could get next to the house. Dad also fed birds in that area. Well, my cat Caesar loved to get next to the door watching the birds and animals. He really loved looking down at squirrels next to the house, just ready to pounce. Then the turkeys came in. Caesar backed slowly away from that window. He wanted nothing to do with those birds that were that big.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm sorry to hear that. She must have been a lovely puss, so small yet fierce!

Right now I look after (can't say own) my mom's adopted outside cat. She's quite the hunter, at least was, she seems to have slowed down. She's about 14 now. Smart cat, has managed to evade the coyotes that live across the street and the cars. She takes pleasure in frustrating our harmless but overly interested dogs.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
We have to worry about the lawns, too. Thankfully, things dry very quickly around here. Also, thankfully we don't have fleas here!
Fleas are bad enough but the tick population around here is insane this year. My stepmother is a landscaper/designer and she contracted Lyme disease on one of her jobs on Eastern LI.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January