• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cat in a box

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Rascal has a blankie that she loves to get all covered up with, too. She doesn't usually do quite as good a job as this, though.

Thanks, I was impressed because it looked like he just put himself there and someone covered him up. Tiki is part human. Cooling down and cats are wanting to burrow and get snuggly.

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
My girl Storm looking mean! ( shes a sweetie tho)
IMG_3953.JPG

IMG_3954.JPG

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Cat in a blanket. He did this all on his own.

View attachment 79683

Rascal has a blankie that she loves to get all covered up with, too. She doesn't usually do quite as good a job as this, though.
Most of mine seem to prefer pink blankets for some reason so we have several small pink “kitty blankets” around even though neither my wife or I like pink.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Most of mine seem to prefer pink blankets for some reason so we have several small pink “kitty blankets” around even though neither my wife or I like pink.

This particular blanket was from when we had a dog. After Maxie....... we kept his blanket and dog bed and the cats dig them. Well the dog bed eventually fell apart but the blanket is still going strong. I don't think the boys are partial to any one, they just like to burrow.

Reactions: Ogg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
This particular blanket was from when we had a dog. After Maxie....... we kept his blanket and dog bed and the cats dig them. Well the dog bed eventually fell apart but the blanket is still going strong. I don't think the boys are partial to any one, they just like to burrow.
I have several "dog" items I've purchased for my cats but I haven't had a dog for a long time so most of her things are gone by now. :(
The best thing I got for the cats was this small dog bed I got from Costco for ~$15 that is perfect cat size and matches the one who uses it most so well that I usually can't tell if he's in there. IMG_0423.jpg

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I have several "dog" items I've purchased for my cats but I haven't had a dog for a long time so most of her things are gone by now. :(
The best thing I got for the cats was this small dog bed I got from Costco for ~$15 that is perfect cat size and matches the one who uses it most so well that I usually can't tell if he's in there. View attachment 79701

Iove that. The cats need one of those. I need one of those lol. Must go to Costco.

Main cat bed now is a big dog bed I bought from home goods. I also have 2 heated beds, a large tan one and a cushy mat. They love those in the winter. Cats have more things to lay on than we do lol.

I'd like to get something like this for litter.

SmartSelect_20190906-185723_eBay.jpg

This kitty house is cute for lounging.

SmartSelect_20190906-185857_Groupon.jpg

No human kids, can you tell

:roflmao:

Reactions: Ogg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I actually built in a ceramic tiled cubby to the side of a closet for a litter box and am planning on at least one more. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I've even been thinking about adding a fan. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Found on inter web.

4E644F5A-9ECF-4F91-B950-3E9D3DE9F0B9.jpeg

My cats did a similar thing. The mice were squirreling away cat food... … IN MY STOVE!!!!
IMG_4876.JPG

I discovered it when I baked some banana bread. As the oven heated up I got the distinct whiff of baking cat food with just a hint of smoked mouse turd. :rolleyes:

That was when I decided that a new stove was in order. You just can't clean up all the stuff packed deep into the nooks and crannies of the insulation.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Found on inter web.

View attachment 79744

My cats did a similar thing. The mice were squirreling away cat food... … IN MY STOVE!!!!
View attachment 79745

I discovered it when I baked some banana bread. As the oven heated up I got the distinct whiff of baking cat food with just a hint of smoked mouse turd. :rolleyes:

That was when I decided that a new stove was in order. You just can't clean up all the stuff packed deep into the nooks and crannies of the insulation.
:eek:
That would never happen with our gang of murderous thugs. If we're lucky we'll find the remains mostly intact.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
View attachment 79745

:eek::eek::eek:

.. I can't find a *barf* emoji, but this one definitely qualifies. Gross! Glad you found it.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
:eek::eek::eek:

.. I can't find a *barf* emoji, but this one definitely qualifies. Gross! Glad you found it.

You should have seen under the refrigerator. I had to figure out a system to vacuum up all the dry cat food in nooks and crannies there. Then I figured out how to get some Clorox into the areas to clean it out good. I laid on the kitchen floor for quite a while doing that. It was a fairly new refrigerator I was not getting a new one. The stove was about 30 years old.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My sister's new, as yet unnamed, family member:

View attachment 80206

She’s a beautiful Tortie. I had one. Picked her up as a "propane" kitty. Her mother was wild and lived behind the pet store in the Irvine Propane storage lot. Had her for 18 years. She was a wonderful friend. You’ll have a great time with her.

My Dad did a pastel portrait of her.

FCAC36AE-61C3-4303-A8DF-BC9C2E487F22.jpeg

Mara Mia reminds me of Chrissy Cat.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
She’s a beautiful Tortie. I had one. Picked her up as a "propane" kitty. Her mother was wild and lived behind the pet store in the Irvine Propane storage lot. Had her for 18 years. She was a wonderful friend. You’ll have a great time with her.

My Dad did a pastel portrait of her.

View attachment 80623

Mara Mia reminds me of Chrissy Cat.
That’s a beautiful portrait.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
That’s a beautiful portrait.

Thanks.

Dad, who will be 101 in October, started doing pastels of animals when he moved up here after Mom passed away in 1992. He took photos at zoos during his travels. He took about 3 long trips to see the United States and Canada. His last trip was to Yosemite and then down to Four Corners and Texas. He drove by himself and had a blast. He celebrated his 96th birthday at Four Corners. He had me sell his car when he was 99! (He made the decision.). He still lives in his own apartment and I take him shopping and to appointments. (I’m now doing what he and Mom did for me as a kid ;).)

It was amazing to watch his progress. I have one of his first pastels. Basically refrigerator art. He made quantum leaps with each new project. Finally ended up teaching art classes at the Senior Center.

I have a lot to live up to.