• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bring a Trailer and Cars & Bids Appreciation Thread

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
*ahem*chickcar*ahem*... :ogbiggrin:

When I was in high school I had a chick car on weekends. It was my mother's 1963 red Corvair Monza convertible and was that thing ever good at picking up chicks. :ogbiggrin:

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
My wife had a 98 Cabrio, black exterior, kind of a "bone" colored interior. Has some nice big wheels and tires on it. Awesome car but she finally had to get something newer due to a long commute she had at the time.
At one point I had a 79 Rabbit that I put an 83 GTI engine and suspension into with the addition of koni shocks. Only mod to the engine was an advanced timing gear. Interesting thing about the 79s, they were a one year only 1500cc engine that didn't need a cat converter to be US emissions legal. So I had a 2" Techtonics Tuning exhaust with the 4-2-1 downpipe. I kept the original standard wide spaced 5 speed instead of the close ratio one from the GTI, it was much better on the highway and gave me 35 mpg, while being entertaining to drive.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For @DanoT, I know you had one of these.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here is a nice little ski car for the well heeled...

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

You said 'small pickup', right?

This thing is such a hodgepodge - but looks weirdly tasty.

and of course

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
For @DanoT, I know you had one of these.

I still have my '93 MR2 and license it every spring after ski season. I was going to take my dog out to a dog leash-off beach today but it is raining.

Based on BaT prices my MR2 is worth within $1-2K of what I paid 20 years ago. Currently 216k km (134k miles) on the odometre. So, while not a collector car, the second gen MR2 has really held its value. Drive one and you will know why.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
bet it drives well, had a similar car
bought a used red t top Nissan NX 2000 in 2000 , for the daughters but i also took it up the Sea to Sky for spring skiing occasionally .
they (and boyfriends) put on close to 200k on that car, Vancouver to Quebec City and Halifax many times, and south to California Mexico and Florida. .
with no problems ( that I heard about)
5 years later traded in for as much as I paid. See they are still asking about the same price if you can find one.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
This 34 mile S2000 will be going up on BAT soon according to the owner. https://www.facebook.com/groups/980054132383393/
S2000.JPG

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This 19k mile Rabbit GTI should bring all the money
1983_volkswagen_rabbit_gti_1586379212d208495dLEM_9893-scaled.jpg

Funny coincidence! I just noticed this. On this day (April 22) in 1982 I collected my 82 black GTI in Germany (at that time there was a significant cost saving to buy in Germany and do a a personal import to the UK). IIRC the invoice was about 4300 UK pounds plus I had to pay taxes when I brought it into the UK. The Euro spec ones looked a lot nicer with the round headlamps. Also was the US version a non-injection engine?? Great car, i had it for 3 years and 50k miles. Also went to 205/60-13 tires instead of the factory 175/70.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
BAT breaks my heart on a regular basis. This was the most recent one where I watched my dream slip away as the bids went into five digit territory. Sigh. What a beauty.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Funny coincidence! I just noticed this. On this day (April 22) in 1982 I collected my 82 black GTI in Germany (at that time there was a significant cost saving to buy in Germany and do a a personal import to the UK). IIRC the invoice was about 4300 UK pounds plus I had to pay taxes when I brought it into the UK. The Euro spec ones looked a lot nicer with the round headlamps. Also was the US version a non-injection engine?? Great car, i had it for 3 years and 50k miles. Also went to 205/60-13 tires instead of the factory 175/70.
US versions had a 1.8 liter fuel injected motor. Unfortunately they were choked off a bit by a 4 into 1 downpipe leading to the cat converter. The typical modification was installing an older style 4-2-1 downpipe (which is what I did when I swapped the GTI motor into my 79). Also, us spec GTIs had 14 inch alloys standard

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here is a nice little ski car for the well heeled...

I drool over anything Wagon'ish or Shooting-Brake ! Love the FF !!!

The Panamera Sport Turismo is right up my alley too. There is mention that a Taycan Sport Turismo in the works too. One of the most exhilarating cars I got to drive was an E63 S Wagon, which was more visceral/exciting than the Panamera Turbo S E -Hybrid I got to drive.

Speaking of Shooting Brakes, I built this car over a few years, a 2002 M Coupe, plate is "MDORPHIN".
I had a '98 M Roadster in the same colour previously ( I love that green, called Evergreen )
My M Coupe was too "perfect" that I could not bring myself to drive it enough, so I sold it.
What a dummy I was, wish I still had it ! ( I did try to buy it back 2 years ago, no dice )

P3057762.JPG

P3057765.JPG

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Haven't heard that phrase in a while ! :thumb:

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin