• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The 19-month-old daughter of Olympic skier Bode Miller has drowned in a pool.

Orange County sheriff's spokeswoman Carrie Braun says Emeline Miller died Sunday at a hospital. Braun says the death is under investigation.

Capt. Tony Bommarito of the Orange County Fire Authority says paramedics were called to a house in the upscale enclave of Coto de Caza just before 6:30 p.m. Saturday and tried to resuscitate a 19-month-old drowning victim.

Bommarito says they were unable to revive her and she was later pronounced dead.

The U.S. Ski and Snowboard Team tweeted its condolences to Miller and his family.

Miller is the most decorated male U.S. skier, with multiple World Cup wins. He won one gold, three silver and two bronze medals over three Olympic games.
From Bode Miller's Instagram

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
This has really struck a chord here at home tonight. Hug your kids one more time, love them unconditionally and be sure you tell them, even if they don't want to hear it. Only time and support can help heal, though know first-hand, you are never really healed. Please pass our deepest sympathies to Bodie and his family from us Albas.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Well, it seems unappropriate to "like" this, but I do appreciate reading the thread responses. Similar feelings here.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
can't imagine the grief .. condolences to their families.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
R.I.P. little girl, and condolences to the Millers.

MikeS

freeski919
Instructor
As someone who has a 19 month old son, this is just so crushing. I can't even imagine.

YolkyPalky

Old-School "Skinny Ski" Bump Skier
Skier
So horrific. As a father of two kids under the age of 10, I can't even comprehend how one move's forward after something like this.

Apparently it happened at a neighbor's house who was having a party and she wandered into their pool. I'm speculating but maybe this neighbor doesn't have young kids anymore so perhaps their pool wasn't gated or baby-proofed. Obviously the neighbor/friend must feel absolutely horrendous right now as well.

Every moment you have with your child is precious, there are no guarantees in life, something to always remember.

Condolences and prayers for strength and comfort to the Miller family.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So horrific. As a father of two kids under the age of 10, I can't even comprehend how one move's forward after something like this.

Apparently it happened at a neighbor's house who was having a party and she wandered into their pool. I'm speculating but maybe this neighbor doesn't have young kids anymore so perhaps their pool wasn't gated or baby-proofed. Obviously the neighbor/friend must feel absolutely horrendous right now as well...

We moved to Orange County for a couple of years, when kids were 3 months and 3 years old. RB went out to find a house without me, and my main instructions were "No pool." With little kids, I was absolutely scared to death of them. Our neighbors had a pool, and it was locked up all the time; luckily they also had a 3yo, so they were vigilant, but it doesn't always matter. Doesn't take much with a mischievous toddler.

Sponsor

Staff online