• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Binding that is movable in position

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Not sure exactly what you mean, but

Marker Schizo. It requires a short phillips screw driver to move the whole unit forward or back in unison (to change mount position); or there are different adjustments to change the cable length, and thus boot size.

But all demo bindings can be adjusted also, by moving the toe and heal pieces on their rails the same amount (for mount position) or appropriately
(for boot size).

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Atomic. Don't remember the model, so @bbbradley is probably correct. I have a cap from Atomic that has the saying on the back..."do it in 3 positions". Great swag back then.

ESS VAR , which turned into Atomic Race (5 adjustment positions, with detents) and Atomic Xentrix (3 adjustment positions, with detents).

IF OP is asking about vintage bindings, that would be the one.

Tyrolia Railflex (non demo) also had +/- 15mm adjustment without changing the BSL strap. If one changed the BSL strap, it could work like a demo binding.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A Vist binding on a plate is moveable with no tools.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Many of the system bindings have a separate toe and heel adjustment.

Marker Schizo. It requires a short phillips screw driver to move the whole unit forward or back in unison (to change mount position); or there are different adjustments to change the cable length, and thus boot size.

But all demo bindings can be adjusted also, by moving the toe and heal pieces on their rails the same amount (for mount position) or appropriately
(for boot size).
But I will reitterate SO2, not sure what you are asking for?

TS
Pete in Idaho

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier

(for boot size).

(for boot size).
Ski Otter 2, thats the one getting new skis and was thinking that would give me a little flexibility on fore - aft placement. Thanks

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ski Otter 2, thats the one getting new skis and was thinking that would give me a little flexibility on fore - aft placement. Thanks
I believe that last year Marker discontinued Schizos, unfortunately. Some places still carry the leftovers, but since it was not very popular
(with anyone but a few experts), shops tended to sell them by special order, most of the time, anyway.

One can sometimes get them used from places like EBay and SidelineSwap; I know I have.
You have to put in a search with these sites, to notify you of any when they are offered.
Other folks here may know a better source, dunno. Good luck.

(I tend to take them off older skis I'm selling or donating, and re-use them on a new ski. I have yet to have a pair fail on me.)

Like I said, an alternative is to find a pair of demo bindings.
Some shops will special order these for you.
(And if they are a high volume shop, the brands will fulfill those orders, even though they want to mostly sell those demos wholesale,
for demo fleets, rather than retail. It's an odd business model, seems like.)
I've done this a lot too, finding these also used on Ebay, etc. at times.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Again, most of the system bindings can move fore/aft.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
The Railflex systems were great at making step changes fore/aft. You could switch on the hill without tools.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
The way I read the OP is he's looking for a binding that the toe and heel move together at the same BSL with one adjustment. :huh:

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Pete, the Tyrolia Attack demo bindings with 110 mm brakes would do this job great on your new 108 skis. I have these bindings, and they do the job very well. Other brands of demo bindings also work well; the Tyrolia Attack is the one I know. The heel and toe adjust separately along the rail for length with no tools needed. A screwdriver is needed to adjust the release settings and perhaps also the toe height.

James

Out There
Instructor
I interpret it as Pete just wants to move the mount point fore-aft with the least amount of fuss. The Atomic would be the easiest, but on a 108mm ski? Prob not.
So Schizos or demos.

Are Schizos still indemnified?

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I interpret it as Pete just wants to move the mount point fore-aft with the least amount of fuss. The Atomic would be the easiest, but on a 108mm ski? Prob not.
So Schizos or demos.

Are Schizos still indemnified?

What is the downside of these? I mean since they have been discontinued there must be something as this looks like pretty cool idea.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
What is the downside of these? I mean since they have been discontinued there must be something as this looks like pretty cool idea.

Added complexity. And therefore added costs and failure points.

For a feature which 99% of consumers never want and 99.5% of consumers will never use more than once.

Sponsor

Staff online