• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

bike purchase

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Thanks for all the advice. I like a lot of long bike rides. I am 58 and planning on cutting back at work significantly after my 2025 sabbatical. I do like doing long distance, riding and weeklong bike tours. I am not a super fast rider, but can ride at the same speed for a very long time. My favorite rides have been weeklong trips. I live full-time in the Roaring Fork Valley, so have access to the Glenwood to Aspen bike path, maroon bells, and other Aspen rides.

As I cut back at work, I see much more time on the bike. I truly appreciate a good fit my 20+ year-old LeMond fits like a charm. My current bike is a Sampson Exalt that never really gelled.

I also like to buy things that I like and that I will use for a very long time. I’m not into the new every year stuff.

Thanks, everyone.

I have ridden up Maroon Creek rd and Castle Creek rd in the fall and absolutely loved riding in that area. That Cannondale seems to be perfect for those rides and many others. The tires and gearing seem just right for what you will need on that terrain. If the fit is right I would not think twice about getting it. I have owned Cannondales in the past and loved them all. I did own a Synapse with the aluminum frame and much preferred the carbon frame version though.

TS
Nancy Hummel

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
Full disclosure. I have not written the bike yet. I had a pre-planned vacation to Iceland from which I just returned. I am caregiver for my elderly father, who is in the hospital and not doing great. I did replace the stem to a shorter stem, which the fitter recommended. I am hopeful to ride this week.

Sponsor

Staff online