• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review Atomic Vantage 90cti vs. Black Crows Orb?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
So, there are 2 pairs of Black Crows Captis skis at my house, 178 and 184. I took some measurements and this is what I came up with:

178 length: measured length tip to tail: 176.5; contact length: 151
184 length: measured length tip to tail: 183; contact length 153

For comparison, my ID Ones, at 176, which feel perfect and so well-balanced, are 174 tip to tail, and 155cm contact length.

Hmmmmm.

Also check out any differences in thickness and stiffness between the 2. Sometimes the longer lengths are not just longer...

PSA

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
You are right on the fence, tall enough for the 84 but light enough for the 78. The Captis is a very good east coast bump and tree ski. Very light set up when mounted with Look Pivots I have about 50 days on mine now and they are the best ski I have ever been on for my type of skiing. When conditions allow I’m in the trees and the bumps all day. I’m similar in weight and height skiing the 78. If you are skiing tight trees I would go with the 78, more open trees the 84. Plenty of ski though in the 78. Exceptional in any type of moguls. They also are a very good groomer ski. Hold an edge very well. Worth noting my boots are Head RS 130’s which are a solid boot that transfers power to the ski well. This makes a huge difference in a way a ski performs that few people consider. Hope this helps.

Thanks - very helpful

Sponsor

Staff online