• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
M

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
IMG_0985 (1).JPG
IMG_0986.JPG
IMG_0987.JPG
IMG_0988.JPG
IMG_0989.JPG
IMG_0990.JPG
IMG_0991.JPG
I think I just think I just scored..

A guy a few streets away is moving and gave me these:

180 rossignol experience 98 120 bindings

I'm 6'3" 200lbs , I think these are perfect or close to what is right for me?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Between the SX9s and the E98s you have a quiver - you now have a hardpack charger and a soft snow/slush charger. I'm not sure either ski is right for you - but the bindings on both pairs are better than what is on the Bandit XXs and the Bandits were a performance dead end anyway. Beyond time they were relegated to the bin.

If this is the year that you get a good boot fit and work on skills, then you have something to get on snow with. In the meantime - gym time.

TS
M

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
is the E98 too much ski for me, would I be better off passing them along and buying something else? Or should I experiment with what I have, might be a good learning experience?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
is the E98 too much ski for me, would I be better off passing them along and buying something else? Or should I experiment with what I have, might be a good learning experience?

The price is right if you want to keep it as a one-week-per-season ski, like a slush/cement ski. Yes, it is too much ski for you as a daily driver, if you're coming from the Bandits. There is no way you could realise an E98 skillset on a set of soft, short XXs.

That said, your presence on this forum has one overarching theme: you're skiing on a budget. Fine. Spend money on boots, and ski these stopgap skis you already have until your skill set develops. When that happens, find a demo day. You will then know approximately what you want within the various spectra of non-budget skis.

Sponsor