• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arrest warrant in murder of pro gravel cyclist Moriah Wilson

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
It looks like they're trying to either set up an alternate shooter theory or that she's crazy and deserves a lesser sentence because she was out of her mind.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Well at least he got all dressed up and managed to be on his best behavior for his court appearance.

If the hatchet jobs from people who knew him weren't enough he seems like he wants to double down on coming out of this as an asshole.

James

Out There
Instructor
If the hatchet jobs from people who knew him weren't enough he seems like he wants to double down on coming out of this as an asshole.
Yeah he lost all his sponsors right when it happened.
The Dauly Mail is being pretty ridiculous. First they claim he “denied knowing Wilson at first”. Turns out the cops asked him if he knew “Anna Moriah”. Her full name is Anna Moriah Wilson, but they didn’t even use the last name.

Then he pushes a camera down to stop someone filming him, and later steps on a cameraman’s foot on purpose.
He may indeed be an ahole, but the Mail’s evidence is week.

Court resumes tmrw.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
The Daily Hate Mail to give it its full title. It's a notoriously biased rag at the best of times (never met an immigrant it couldn't demonise) with the Sidebar of Shame it's most conspicuous online feature.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Do these type of athletes typically use performance enhancing products? I get the feeling these aren’t your usual everyday exercise nuts and have external lifestyle funding sources.

James

Out There
Instructor
What about the bike in the woods?
Woods is a stretch I think since it’s a pretty dense neighborhood. I thought I read the bike was “in bamboo”, so maybe a stand of that near a house.
It’s a strange orientation. I guess the garage apartment was behind the house you see from the street.
Supposedly, this is the house-
IMG_1469.jpeg

IMG_1470.jpeg

And the garage with apartment where the crime was committed. Behind the house? Assuming this article is accurate.
Photos from:

Googlemaps has blurred out the house on street view.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Ah that confused me as it looks nothing like the Ring doorbell stills that have previously been reported but scooch round the corner from that back alley and you can see the house that the Ring was recorded from (identifiable from the chairs).

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Googlemaps has blurred out the house on street view.
Odd that Google has the house in the front blurred, but not the garage/apartment.

Another odd thing...I just read through the affidavit in the article you linked to. Seems odd that the whole thing happened on May 11th, and the detective didn't talk to the owner of the house until the 15th. But then again...I'm not a detective, so maybe it's not that odd. Just seems like he would have been one of the first people they tried to talk with.

James

Out There
Instructor
Seems odd that the whole thing happened on May 11th, and the detective didn't talk to the owner of the house until the 15th.
We’re definitely missing something. The whole sequence is likely just not in the affadavit.
The owner was in the garage when the murder happened, and the garage door was open somewhat. I can’t imagine he didn’t come out when police and ambulance were there minutes later.

IMG_1472.jpeg

Garage is not really visible . I’m pretty sure that’s it.

scott43

Skier
We’re definitely missing something. The whole sequence is likely just not in the affadavit.
The owner was in the garage when the murder happened, and the garage door was open somewhat. I can’t imagine he didn’t come out when police and ambulance were there minutes later.
I mean, if you've ever fired a handgun, I can't imagine how anyone in the garage didn't hear it no matter how stoned and honking the Dead they were... We're talking 150dbs..aircraft at take-off..

James

Out There
Instructor
Earphones and a gurgling bong?

The neighbors heard nothing either. Though it was recorded by a ring camera.
Iirc, in the Oscar Pistorious case, the immediate neighbor heard nothing, one down the street heard screams and shots.

More clarity on the house. Looks like it’s accessed by an alley road behind the blue 1708 Maple house.
IMG_1473.jpeg

Driveway on left.

Last edited:

scott43

Skier
I mean it was basically right above them. It's possible a stray round may have hit them... Headphones... Maybe.

Pacobillie

Putting on skis
Skier
If you are in a different room/floor, and the doors of the room where the gunis shot are closed, the sound pressure will not be high at all.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It that the garage where the alleged bong rips occurred?

James

Out There
Instructor
Even the neighbor was surprised.
And yet the doorbell heard it.

—————
Neighbor, David Harris, 47, said said he did not hear any gunfire on the night of the murder.

'I think I would have heard gunshots next door if she was using a 9mm so the shooter must have used a suppressor,' he told the US Sun.
————-

Sponsor

Staff online