• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arrest warrant in murder of pro gravel cyclist Moriah Wilson

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I hope we don’t get all speculative here. In our case, these are family friends. Great family. Mo was a tremendous person. Great athlete. Better individual. Tragedy beyond comprehension.

I know you want content on your site, @Tricia.

BTW, Eric was a serious WC DHer. Also a great coach at BMA. Both Mo and her brother were NCAA skiers. Good ones.

Let’s be respectful. So sad.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Let’s be respectful. So sad.
No disrespect intended. I was just blown away when I read it.
Never a good thing to see such a young talented person taken from the world in such a manner.(or in any manner, really)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
A couple pictures of MO speak volumes.
Mo 01.jpg

Mo 02.jpg

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A couple pictures of MO speak volumes. View attachment 169729
View attachment 169731

As does the outpouring of genuine grief and love from the gravel community on social media. Clearly a very special person.
Sure does.
One of the reasons I opted to post the Velo News article indstead of other main stream articles is because of this human aspect of it.

Having lived through the murder of a close family member(when I was 14), this story hits too close to home and stirs up a deep sense of loss for those close to her. I know it all too well and realize the emotional scars that never really go away 100%

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Wow says they were swimming at the CITY pool.. Not like there was anything damning about that other than them just being together without the partner who allegedly did the unthinkable over it..

Sorry if that's too speculative. If I misunderstood the linked material please correct me.

Never know what's going to set off an unstable person, and there are more unstable people around us than we sometimes realize..

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I hope we don’t get all speculative here.

Wow says they were swimming at the CITY pool.. Not like there was anything damning about that other than them just being together without the partner who allegedly did the unthinkable over it..

Sorry if that's too speculative. If I misunderstood the linked material please correct me.

Never know what's going to set off an unstable person, and there are more unstable people around us than we sometimes realize..
This is one reason I was sticking to Velo News, because they are truely celebrating the life of Mo and her impact on the biking world.
While I've read other news outlets about this, I see some discrepencies between a few(which is why I originally said it was messy) and will stear clear of speculation of any kind.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Only going to state this, never had the opportunity to meet Mo, but I’ve worked with a number of her teammates from Dartmouth. Over the past week I reached out to offer my condolences & prayers. Every one of her peers described her as simply exceptional.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Police affidavit doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room
Seems relatively clear what went down to the armchair observer. Obviously tragic for Wilson and her loved ones.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It's really hard to sit back and accept that these types of things are just going to happen and we can't do anything to prevent any of them. Such a bright young star put out horrifically. One way to honor her memory is to try to do better as a society and individuals to reduce the incidence of these types of things.

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Police affidavit doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room
Seems relatively clear what went down to the armchair observer. Obviously tragic for Wilson and her loved ones.
Yes, there doesn’t seem to be much speculation needed about the story overall. Tragic, age-old imbroglio. Saw on the news that Armstrong’s whereabouts currently unknown and the police are searching for her.

Sponsor

Staff online