• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Arapahoe Basin 2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be headed up the hill Friday after work for the weekend.
Anyone else interested in gathering for a little revelry (not necessarily tomfoolery) Friday evening?

So, I'm guessing debauchery is out of the question? I think my liver is still pissed about the last time we got tuned up.

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
I am planning to be up for grillin & chillin on Sunday. Also some brief skiing. :)

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Lots more in terms of conditions on the CO weather thread. What a fun day, ridiculous weather. A-Basin did a great job shoring up limited conditions.

I love heavy manmade WROD slush in June. Good turns until the end.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
(copied the post from CO Weather thread as it really belongs here.)

A sunny day persisted despite yesterday's cloudy forecast. Maybe the same will occur today and tomorrow.

20160610_090917-jpg.10330

20160610_104313-jpg.10326

20160610_091744-0-01-jpeg.10329

All the gear you see is from the 70s except the glasses and turtleneck. I owned the jacket and gloves back then the rest has been collected, although I raced VR17s with Nevadas back in the day. I skied until 11:30 or so on this gear. No modern gear for me. :)

20160610_104301-jpg.10327

John (@ski otter 2 ), Marty and myself.

And video, too.

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
@dean_spirito , let me know what to bring for grillin & chillin tomorrow. Already planning on some beers but happy to grab food or whatever. Also let me know what car / setup to look for if I don't see you on the hill. Psyched!

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I'm bringing a couple of packages of sausages with onions and peppers. Buns included. ;-) And a grill so we can really get things sizzlin'

TS
dean_spirito

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
@dean_spirito , let me know what to bring for grillin & chillin tomorrow. Already planning on some beers but happy to grab food or whatever. Also let me know what car / setup to look for if I don't see you on the hill. Psyched!

At the moment, I have yet to do any shopping for tomorrow. I will definitely be bringing my 24" charcoal grill. We discussed possibly using it as a smoker and then finishing stuff on Doug's grill. So maybe salmon or burgers? I was hoping to replicate the shrimp I grilled a couple of weeks ago, though I'm not sure that I will have the time or energy to prep that for tomorrow. Regardless, I'm sure we will shut things down in style!

Here are a few shots from closing weekend so far.....

@Doug Briggs, Marty, Zach, and myself grilling in the lot on Friday. What a great day. Didn't ski much but it was a blast to get out and hang with the homies.

Black Mountain Lodge was popping off today with live music and tons of skin!

Which brings me to my next point.........

Its always fun to ski in a t-shirt. Just make sure that you don't forget to bathe in sunscreen before doing so. I clearly missed a spot.

Roll call for tomorrow. If you will be attending closing day, post it here so that we can effectively assemble our posse. Also, if you are bringing food please post that here as well. So far we have sausages confirmed, courtesy of Doug. Hope to see a nice showing tomorrow. Pond skimming and drinking beer are pretty much my two favorite things.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
At the moment, I have yet to do any shopping for tomorrow. I will definitely be bringing my 24" charcoal grill. We discussed possibly using it as a smoker and then finishing stuff on Doug's grill. So maybe salmon or burgers? I was hoping to replicate the shrimp I grilled a couple of weeks ago, though I'm not sure that I will have the time or energy to prep that for tomorrow. Regardless, I'm sure we will shut things down in style!

Here are a few shots from closing weekend so far.....

@Doug Briggs, Marty, Zach, and myself grilling in the lot on Friday. What a great day. Didn't ski much but it was a blast to get out and hang with the homies.

Black Mountain Lodge was popping off today with live music and tons of skin!

Which brings me to my next point.........

Its always fun to ski in a t-shirt. Just make sure that you don't forget to bathe in sunscreen before doing so. I clearly missed a spot.

Roll call for tomorrow. If you will be attending closing day, post it here so that we can effectively assemble our posse. Also, if you are bringing food please post that here as well. So far we have sausages confirmed, courtesy of Doug. Hope to see a nice showing tomorrow. Pond skimming and drinking beer are pretty much my two favorite things.
Do I spy a Guido?

You all are doing us proud. Closing it down in style!

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
It was a great day.

20160612_084218.jpg
First thing in the morning. Everything softened up to a nice consistency. Plenty of oohs and aahs at Lake Reveal. Lots of brats, sausage , blue cheese stuffed dates wrapped in bacon and salmon on the grill. We didn't even run out of beer!

The final stages of the 2016 season are shaping up with plans for Fourth of July Bowl on the 4th and Rollins Pass (for the Epworth Cup) on July 10 shaping up.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online