• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Another frivolous poll while we're waiting for snow: Whipped cream or Cool Whip?

Whipped cream or Cool Whip

• Whipped Cream

Votes: 31 86.1%
  • Cool Whip

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
I prefer home made whip cream but cool whip is a guilty pleasure.

DITTO...
I used to have a bakery in West Palm Fla. they made a "Victory" cake. Chocolate Cake with Homemade Chocolate Whipped cream OMG was it good

and I have been known to eat Frozen Cool whip.. lol

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
These polls are gonna get someone confused and they'll put Cool Whip on their sandwich and Miracle Whip on their pumpkin pie.
I came here to make that joke and ask for mayo to be added to the poll..

I will say that whipped cream offers a shot of nitros where cool whip does not..

What's next to survey, Cheese Wizz vs melted cheddah?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Cool Whip:

Water, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (including coconut and palm oils), High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Skimmed Milk, Light Cream, less than 2% Sodium Caseinate (a milk derivative), Natural and Artificial Flavor, Xanthan and Guar Gums, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Monostearate, and Beta Carotene.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I will say that whipped cream offers a shot of nitros where cool whip does not..

I don't know if it's the nitrous or the can, but Reddi-Whip always tastes vaguely metallic to me. Maybe the other canned brands are better? And homemade gets runny too easily if not eaten immediately, and can also have a bit of funky taste depending on the cream. Cool Whip is always the same, and always good.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't know if it's the nitrous or the can, but Reddi-Whip always tastes vaguely metallic to me. Maybe the other canned brands are better? And homemade gets runny too easily if not eaten immediately, and can also have a bit of funky taste depending on the cream. Cool Whip is always the same, and always good.

Cabot and Land o Lake is definitely better tasting than Reddi-Whip.

I usually use a stand mixer if I am using the whipped cream in something like a chocolate mousse.
If I am serving it in a bowl to top desserts, I stabilize home made whipped cream, add a pinch of cream of tartar.

When timing is tight on a meal, I often use a stainless steel whipped cream dispenser similar to the one in the photo. Takes a quart of whipping cream and couple of nitrogen cartridge. I can tailor the taste with additions of vanilla extract, super fine sugar, lemon or almond extract. People seems to really enjoy decorating their dessert.

Whipped Cream Dispenser.jpg

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
1. This shouldn’t even be a question. Even the canned kind is sad.
2. Ok, frozen Cool Whip is kinda fun.
3. Careful with those pressurized things, I have a friend who got a serious TBI when one exploded on her. It was nasty. There was some kind of class action suit against the manufacturer but I stopped following it, don’t know what happened.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Careful with those pressurized things, I have a friend who got a serious TBI when one exploded on her. It was nasty. There was some kind of class action suit against the manufacturer but I stopped following it, don’t know what happened.

Those and pressure cookers can be like IED if not handled properly. There are tons of cheap painted cast aluminum ones floating around. We get ours from restaurant supplies. They tend to stock the more reliable units.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
having a can of cool whip in the fridge was pretty common at one point
using it on food not so much

Sponsor

Staff online