• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

jdm00

Putting on skis
Skier
Got the email today about the Snowshoe Ridiculous Pass. Goes on sale March 5--season pass for $259. I think that may be an increase over last year, but still a bargain when you think about the cost of daily lift tickets.

Bluedon

Putting on skis
Skier
Got the email today about the Snowshoe Ridiculous Pass. Goes on sale March 5--season pass for $259. I think that may be an increase over last year, but still a bargain when you think about the cost of daily lift tickets.

I'm hoping they roll something out for the Ikon Pass at the same time like last year. I think the Ikon base was $599. This season I'll get about 10 - 14 days at the Shoe, 3 Days at Big Sky and 2-3 Days at a TBD place in April in the Northeast if all goes as planned.

Tidbit - Last year an SS Rid Pass, SS added sales taxes (6%) but the Ikon was a flat $599

Bluedon

Putting on skis
Skier
It was $249 last year I believe.

2018 - 2019 Pass Info. What's crazy is that the 19 - 20 Pass jumps to 459 instead of 349 like last year.

Maybe they are trying to reduce those Ballhooter Lift Lines

Ridiculous-Pass-1-300x170.jpg

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Not sure what we are going to do for next year. We will have gotten value for the Ikon this year with 8-10 days at SS, 3 days in VT and 3 days the first week of April at Winter Park. May just stick with the SS only pass for next year. Or maybe we will go back to just getting a pass at one of the places closer to home (Wintergreen or Massanutten)

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yeah, given the length of the season, no blackout dates, etc, Redonkulous pass is a good value. What I really want is for CVR to step up their game even more so we can go back to enjoying the valley but I am not going to pay for a pass at a place where I can't be sure if there will be worthwhile skiing in December and March.

scottyb

Getting off the lift
Skier
Reliable source tells me that this year CVR plans to make snow all into March. It is theorized that with the death of Tline they have picked up that business and have more cash as the utility rates go up in mid Feb. In the past they would not make snow after that point and as example of last year when they pulled the plug in early March when winter came roaring back.

It also may be of note that a rumor of the contractor time may be up and they are trying to finally do what they were hired to do in hopes of saving their jobs for next year?

Sponsor

Staff online