• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
Dont forget just simple first aid of regular soap and water to wash it out and/or a disinfectant which is probably more important than antibiotics then covering.

Soap and disinfectants are a physical action on the organisms washing them away, and like knives and bullets breaking or bursting their cell walls.
Using antibiotics trying to poison them, which may only kill off the harmless bacteria and only leave resistant strains.
Good point. Years ago when anti bacterial soaps were becoming the rage we had an infectious disease doctor over. She was very against them for general use. We discussed hot tubs briefly... yikes, no way was she going in a random hot tub. Petri dish.

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I never consider skis properly tuned until I have at least one small cut and a few metal slivers. Risk of gruesome death is a small price to pay for a well-tuned ski.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I never consider skis properly tuned until I have at least one small cut and a few metal slivers. Risk of gruesome death is a small price to pay for a well-tuned ski.
:golfclap::micdrop:

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Yikes. I cut and puncture myself all the time at work. I rarely do anything other than cover it with a bandaid to keep the blood off my work. I’ve had a couple infected splinters so I’m a bit obsessive about removing them and would rather cut it open and bleed than leave it there.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January