• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
For Europe (Alps), I would say...

Blizzard Firebird HRC or similar
Völkl Kendo or similar
1-0-something (Atris, Soul 7, QST 106) with a touring binding on it with alpine heel (Tecton 12, Kingpin, Shift)

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Using number of days skied last season the top three
1) Volkl Mantra M5
2) Stockli Laser SC
3) Faction Dictator 3.0

The Bottom three
4) Renoun Endurance 2.5
5) Volkl Katana V-Werks
6) Volkl Tigershark 10 Foot

The Renouns moved down the list from top spot the previous season as they were getting a little toasty. Starting the season with a new to me slightly used pair of Endurances that will be my Opening day ski. Treasured Katanas are reserved for only the best powder days. Tigersharks may be the first ski that I never wear out.

Last edited:

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
Rossi Hero Master, 176, 18m, 70 mm
Blossom White Out, 176, 15m, 77 mm
Kastle FX 94, 176, 21m, 94 mm

If we had much deep powder I would need some Clown Shoes.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Thanks. I just realized, again, that I need more skis.

:roflmao:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
"Ski Quiver"

Definition: A grouping of different skis that cover your needs across different terrain and conditions. IOW, it's not just a few skis randomly grouped together. :nono: :ogcool:

There should be a defined purpose and justifications for the "why" in how you assemble your quiver.

So let's get this back on track... ogsmile

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
"Ski Quiver"

Definition: A grouping of different skis that cover your needs across different terrain and conditions. IOW, it's not just a few skis randomly grouped together. :nono: :ogcool:

There should be a defined purpose and justifications for the "why" in how you assemble your quiver.

To me that means:

Hard snow narrow carver (70~85mm)

Daily Driver (90~100mm)

Powder Ski (106mm+)

of course I have to add:

Touring Skis
Rock Skis

I need a larger Garage... :huh::roflmao:

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
markojp--I spent time on the standard iRace (180cm/16m) last year; do you have any knowledge as to how the iRace Pro to the standard iRace? Thanks!

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
For me, if I can only have three...

165 FIS SL, brand not super important
Chargy 95-107, lots of options
Powder ski, 112-125, also lots of options

If I could keep only three of what I have:

165 Rossi SL
187 Moment Belafonte
191 ON3P Billy Goat

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
"Ski Quiver"

Because I can isn't good enough?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Mine

Enforcer 93
Enforcer 100
4frnt Hoji

If there is day that is too hard for the E93id just stay home. I also would consider replacing the Hoji with a renegade because its would give me a better ski for the heavy snow days. Last year at Stowe I think one of those 3 skis would have worked on about 90 days....

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Vermont / Eastern Canada

Moment Commnder 98 - carving charger
Moment DeathWish - Daily Driver
Moment Meridian 117 - AT, touring, trees & when weather it too bad to spin the lifts

*SL ski for coaching if forced.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Mine

Enforcer 93
Enforcer 100
4frnt Hoji

If there is day that is too hard for the E93id just stay home. I also would consider replacing the Hoji with a renegade because its would give me a better ski for the heavy snow days. Last year at Stowe I think one of those 3 skis would have worked on about 90 days....

Out of curiosity, what lengths are you running?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Enforcers 185cm
Hoji 187cm.
Renegade 186cm.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Here’s what I have:
Renoun Z90, 174. I spent last season exclusively on these. I bought them as a front side and teaching ski, but I’ve been taking them pretty much everywhere.
ON3P Billy Goat, 116 wide in 184. Just bought them, when I’ve demoed they have been amazing in variable conditions and crud and even bumps, so more than just a powder ski.

I’m still trying to figure out a 3-quiver. I’m in the PNW, and most of the time we don’t have groomers that last longer than the first couple hours, the snow gets cut up with ruts and bumps pretty quickly due to the consistency of the maritime/coastal snow, and the volume of skiers. So less need for an ice pick kind of ski, greater need for crud versatility. So, if I find my two widely different skis have enough versatility between the two, I might not need to get a 3rd ski in between the two.

But if I did, I’m thinking something like a mid-90’s, all-mountain-y ski that doesn’t need to carve on ice. So maybe ON3P Wrenegade 96 or Woodsman 96, DPS Cassiar 94, Renoun Endurance, K2 Mindbender 99Ti, Stockli Stormrider 95, Liberty Evolve 100, Fischer Ranger 94 FR, 102FR, or 99Ti, Head Kore 93 or 99 or 105. Many many options and probably all of them good. I don’t need the width to be that different from the Z90, but a shape and flex with a surfier emphasis, with some crud-busting chops.

Or now for something completely different: a more frontside focused ski. Head Rally or Titan or M83, Liberty V series, Stockli Laser AX, Fischer RC One 82 or 86 GT, Dynastar Speedzone....

I’m resisting the temptation to consider a 4 or 5 quiver; the challenge then is figuring out what I want/need/would gain from a 3rd ski.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
2019 / 2020 quiver is:

Hard snow - Stockli Laser AX 175

Soft snow - Stockli Stormrider 95 184

Powder Day - Moment Wildcat 190

I also have the skis I skied most last year - Line Supernatural 108s in a 186 length. They split the difference between the Stormriders and Wildcats, and if I can only take 1 pair of skis on a trip to the Rockies on a trip where conditions might be variable, they’re a great choice.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’ll play

D4BFD8C3-5822-4487-BE88-B4EC96CFDDA6.jpeg

wifey black pearl quiver on the left
From left to right - grass and rock, low tide mid season and unmounted for those exceptional days

Me - Renouns for guest and low tide, 2nd pair for better conditions, new ripstick for the daily driver and SR 107 for fresh.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ahh, ski quivers, one of my favorite things to think about. I was a late convert to shaped skis and used my 205 SL race skis till about 2012. Since then I have been working on putting together a quiver that I enjoy. I have probably skied over two dozen skis and owned about a dozen in the last 7 years. I like the idea of a 3 ski quiver for alpine skiing. I would personally keep cross country and AT skis in their own category.

I like the 5 ski classifications that have been posted. I do think a 3 ski quiver is enough to cover your needs very well. I have a 7 ski quiver, with 3 race skis that could be their own class. I also own an AT ski that I use inbounds as well. My collection basically fits into the 5 ski groupings with a couple of extra race skis.

Here are my thoughts on a 3 ski quiver: (I want versatility from each ski, and top of its class performance) (My slant: East Coast, expert, Clyde, race coach)

Hard snow ski: I put the Laser AX here due to is versatility and high level carving performance. Plenty of other skis would work here.

All mtn ski: This one is tough, so many choices and flavors. I like my Liberty Origin 96 here. Can handle all conditions and great in trees. Bonafide or Brahama or Enforcer or Stormrider or MX 89 ect....) Width should be adjusted for East vs West Coast

Powder/soft snow ski: Another ringer here, Moment Wildcat (used to be called Bibby Pro). I have never skied a more versatile wide ski in my life. I couldn't believe how good this ski is on everything (well, maybe not ice) Its 116mm wide, but doesn't ski like it. Its actually my son's ski, and its all he uses on the East Coast. That's a bit extreme for most people, but the ski is that versatile. I personally own a 143mm wide Ski Logik Depth Hoar cause I want float, and lots of it. A 125mm ski does not give me the float I want, big guy thing. Plenty of other choices depending on how much float you want.

On the East Coast I don't get much use out of my powder ski admittedly. But owning the ski has motivated me to take a vacation day pre-storm, and catch some deep days. Honestly, if I didn't own the ski, I wouldn't put the effort into getting up North chasing storms. Something in the 108 to 115 mm would get more use.

My personal quiver which I am pretty happy with is:

Rossi Slalom Race ski: 70mm, 175cm
Blizzard GS Race ski: 67mm, 193cm
Fischer Curve DTX: 72mm, 178cm
Stockli Laser Ax: 78mm, 183cm
Salomon X-Drive 88FS: 88mm, 184cm
Liberty Origin 96: 96mm, 187cm
Ski Logik Depth Hoar: 143mm, 191cm

AT ski with shift bindings used in bounds regularly:
Blizzard Zero G 108: 108mm, 185cm

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
2019 / 2020 quiver is:

Hard snow - Stockli Laser AX 175

Soft snow - Stockli Stormrider 95 184

Powder Day - Moment Wildcat 190

I don't think you can do any better than these skis. Winner Winner Chicken dinner :golfclap:

Sponsor

Staff online