• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Road'n'Gravel Biking

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The ghost of Marco Pantani just poured some itch powder on your chamois.

*totally suspects this came first*

I just realized that my MTB is in fact this:

1697952141591.jpeg

But I ride it so rarely that I forgot how it looked. :roflmao:

Anyway, 50 points penalty to Gryffindor for hypocrisy.

In my defense- when I hear “bike” the first immediate association is “dropbars” MTBs are MTBs

Last edited:

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
From this past Saturday's BellRinger Ride out of DC. The pics don't accurately show how nasty the headwind and crosswind situation was on the majority of the 100 mile route. But the foliage was really lovely, for sure.

53279956592_28d6e65d0d_k.jpg

53280847936_7bab2063ed_k.jpg

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
At the time I had a strip of electrical tape on my toptube with "Pedal Dammit!" written on it with a sharpie. I posted a pic of that on MTBR, and I'm convinced that's where Niner got the idea. Sadly I no longer have the pic. But I do like the bikes.

Maybe it's time to bring it back, now that people are taping gels - in consumption order - to their top tubes.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I sometimes stick Honey Stinger chews to my top tube in preparation for a long climb. It’s easier to pull them off the top tube than reach back into a pocket.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe it's time to bring it back, now that people are taping gels - in consumption order - to their top tubes.

I did this in a few 100 milers with two caffeinated shots so that they were easy to grab when the need arose, and to make sure they didn’t get mixed in with the regular stuff.

But ultimately, I used that top tube area for a cheat sheet of sorts, showing the location of major climbs and aid stations.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ I guess that looks safe-r (maybe) than some places, but man...what a terrible place to ride.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The massive royalties from Niner help explain how you can while away so much time here.......yeah, pot meet kettle, I know. :roflmao:

SO easy. Buy a perhaps overpriced, but beautifully made, Dynaplug Racer X.

I fixed a flat the other week with one in about 30 seconds. The old duffers group I was riding with were blown away.
I need some schooling on this, since the last time I had tubeless was on a track bike. :rolleyes:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I need some schooling on this, since the last time I had tubeless was on a track bike. :rolleyes:

I was an early adopter of mtb tubeless, and pretty quick on gravel, but held out for a long time on the road bike.

I might never have changed if my Domane hadn’t come that way.

But I got a flat the other week on a group ride, and the guys barely had time to catch their breath before we were on our way again with a Dynaplugged tire.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor

Staff online