• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2023-2024 Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

freddie

Booting up
Skier
Hi will be visiting Mammoth this coming weekend.

What are the dinner options when staying at the Mammoth Mountain Inn?

It seems that the Mountainside Bar and Grill inside the Mammoth Mountain Inn is the only option.

I looked at the dining link on the MM website.

The Yodler house closes at 5pm.

Is there anything else that is walking distance from Mammoth Mountain Inn besides the Mountainside Bar and Grill?

Are there any pizza places that deliver to the Mammoth Mountain Inn?

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
AFAIK, the Bar and Grill is the only option at MMI. I've been OK with that, ordering take-out and eating in the room. MMI has been my go-to accommodation for the last several years. I did take-out at Yodler once, when others here raved about their Beef Stroganoff. Meh, I thought. I haven't been back there since. I don't know about pizza delivery, but that's a really long way to drive for a $5 tip.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hi will be visiting Mammoth this coming weekend.

What are the dinner options when staying at the Mammoth Mountain Inn?

It seems that the Mountainside Bar and Grill inside the Mammoth Mountain Inn is the only option.

I looked at the dining link on the MM website.

The Yodler house closes at 5pm.

Is there anything else that is walking distance from Mammoth Mountain Inn besides the Mountainside Bar and Grill?

Are there any pizza places that deliver to the Mammoth Mountain Inn?
We stay at MMI often and have tried most of the options... Have just opted to drive into town :D

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We stay at MMI often and have tried most of the options... Have just opted to drive into town :D
Me too, although the first night I roll in I usually just suck it up and settle in at the bar and grill ...... but regret it.
Caveat: I'm only there in the Spring/Shoulder season, when the staffing is marginal e.g. the "bartender" didn't know how to make a G&T :eek:

freddie

Booting up
Skier
This Friday around 12noon time I will be driving to Mammoth from the SF bay area.

I plan to take 80-50-89-88-395

What are some good sites for road / weather conditions? I usually used Magnifeye however 395 isn't one of the roads that they have.

Also, what parts or what sections might be critical on this Friday afternoon / evening?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
This Friday around 12noon time I will be driving to Mammoth from the SF bay area.

I plan to take 80-50-89-88-395

What are some good sites for road / weather conditions? I usually used Magnifeye however 395 isn't one of the roads that they have.

Also, what parts or what sections might be critical on this Friday afternoon / evening?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Caltrans quickmap

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier
So next week is spring break for me and my family and we're going to Mammoth. Our plan is to do 2 days at Mammoth and 1 day at June (Tues-Wed-Thurs). I've been skiing with my kids at June for many years (kids 12 and under ski free!) but now two of them are teenagers so I got them IKON session passes last spring. They are solid intermediates and excited to explore a new mountain.

My question: any suggestions about what part of the mountain to ski with teenage intermediates?

...I'm used to going to Mammoth and hitting the black diamond stuff. this is my first time doing Mammoth with my kids.
...I took a look at the map and the sections with blue runs. also looking to stay away from high-traffic spots

Sponsor

Staff online