• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2023-2024 Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier
That other place was riding great today, "chutes" up top were nice and filled in, windy which actually made for some nice windbuff esp skiers left on Deerbowl. Sampled all runs on 7 after some early morning zoomer groomers. Pro bowl thru the trees super fun. Was Bucky's birthday, apparently he got Mirus Cors for his birthday!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@Dean and I are in Mammoth for a week starting tomorrow, as an add-on to the just finished Tahoe Gathering.

I know the mountain reasonably well from spring skiing (but not the parts that aren't open then). I haven't been here in winter in years. Though walking around in town this afternoon, I'm not sure which season this is.

if anyone wants to meet to ski a few or drink a few, let us know!

fosphenytoin

Putting on skis
Skier
What is the closing date for Mammoth this season? Asking because I plan to get Ikon pass the coming season and want to take advantage of the spring skiing destinations it offers. Prefer to come after mid June, or any time after May 18 will work. TIA

Tony

tseeb
Skier
I think you are asking too early, but I would be surprised if Mammoth does not make it until 4th of July. You also asked about Palisades and I would expect them to make it to Memorial Day, possibly later if there is a lot of snow between now and then, but it may be limited terrain and weekends only at some point. Mammoth is usually/always? 7 days with as much terrain as they can keep open with snow farming.

fosphenytoin

Putting on skis
Skier
I think you are asking too early, but I would be surprised if Mammoth does not make it until 4th of July. You also asked about Palisades and I would expect them to make it to Memorial Day, possibly later if there is a lot of snow between now and then, but it may be limited terrain and weekends only at some point. Mammoth is usually/always? 7 days with as much terrain as they can keep open with snow farming.
Fair enough. Thank you. We will plan for mid June to Mammoth. 1 week will not be overkill, correct? I will start looking for lodging. Any location / property recommendation in Mammoth will be appreciated.

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
Fair enough. Thank you. We will plan for mid June to Mammoth. 1 week will not be overkill, correct? I will start looking for lodging. Any location / property recommendation in Mammoth will be appreciated.
I will reiterate for You

May is for Mammoth

June has not been announced yet and it will depend on the spring melt

Make sure your lodging is refundable or just wait

May is never that busy so you can do this easily

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I will reiterate for You

May is for Mammoth

June has not been announced yet and it will depend on the spring melt

Make sure your lodging is refundable or just wait

May is never that busy so you can do this easily
This.
Last minute works well in shoulder seasons, but you should be able to decide about June by mid May; I've got my fingers crossed.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Any location / property recommendation...
I've been lots of places. They have all been easy drives.

When evaluating condo locations, be aware that the Canyon Lodge and its gondola to town shut down in the spring.

That doesn't mean places close to Canyon aren't good choices. just that you will have to drive even if the listing says otherwise.

(Eagle shuts too.)

Sponsor

Staff online