• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
And for my wife specifically, "almost-power love" Sheeva 10 vs. Black Pearl 98!
I think @Tricia and myself can really help steer you two in the right direction, with neither ski being the wrong one. ;)
One I think leans more towards fresh and deeper snow, (Sheeva.) the other leans more towards leftovers and tracked out. Both are playful and easy to ski. The 98 will have the familiarity of the 88, the Sheeva will have a very different feel, yet still very playful and fun.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think @Tricia and myself can really help steer you two in the right direction, with neither ski being the wrong one. ;)
One I think leans more towards fresh and deeper snow, (Sheeva.) the other leans more towards leftovers and tracked out. Both are playful and easy to ski. The 98 will have the familiarity of the 88, the Sheeva will have a very different feel, yet still very playful and fun.

Thank you, and @Tricia as well, for your comments. My wife doesn't chase powder. Our local 6"+ powder days are stupid crowded, even on weekdays, and she has just tired of that whole scene. So it is more for vacations when powder happens, and locally when shallow powder happens -- which gets shredded by 11 if we're lucky.

BP 98 it shall be!

And I just see that I crossed the interweb ether-space with @Tricia. Will still look forward to a Cage Match!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thank you, and @Tricia as well, for your comments. My wife doesn't chase powder. Our local 6"+ powder days are stupid crowded, even on weekdays, and she has just tired of that whole scene. So it is more for vacations when powder happens, and locally when shallow powder happens -- which gets shredded by 11 if we're lucky.

BP 98 it shall be!

And I just see that I crossed the interweb ether-space with @Tricia. Will still look forward to a Cage Match!
I'll do a full Cagematch, but in a nutshell, the Sheeva 10 is a little more versatile if she's getting into a little powder, crud and off piste, but the BP 98 is a little stronger on groomers and on piste, while busting through crud nicely, and blowing through spring slush, but will give up a little in the powder.
Both skis turn nicely and can set an edge.

Last edited:

NESkiBum

Booting up
Skier
@Philpug I'd love to see something like the old "crazy 88s" that Sierra Jim used to do for comparisons on a few of the better skis in a specific category and could look at it a a "battle royal". But in the meantime I was looking for a cage match comparison for
Stockli Stormrider 88 vs Blizzard Brahma vs Head Monster 88

Sponsor

Staff online