• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Völkl Yumi vs K2 Tough Luv. Both of these are on the rack in my local shop and are generating interest. Yesterday, 2 women were both trying to choose between them.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
As much as I've wished I could demo the Deathwish,

If you're ever skiing Loveland and want to demo the 184 I've got a set with demo binders. Only difference between them and current is they have slightly beefed up the flex pattern.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
DPS Alchemist Wailer 99 (I love this ski, maybe I am in the minority here with that statement) vs the Salomon QST 99.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't know if it's been done before, but CLEAR contrast between the 4 Head Supershape models.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We will be starting to post the Cage Matches in the begining of October. Stay tuned.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
@Philpug and testing team: I know this is a usual comparison in comments but not sure if it was proposed (or done). How about Head Supershape vs Head V-line? They do seem to have striking similarities and differences. On the latter: the supershapes are all for advanced and higher skill levels, and forgiving enough for technically inclined intermediates. The V's seem to go from skiers for beginners (V2) all the way to advanced, up the line, by the time you reach V10. But also, V8 seems to be more frontside oriented (more like the Rally or Magnum I guess?) while the V10 is pitched as having more all mountain chops by head (more comparable to the Titan I guess). Anyways, there maybe room for one or a few interesting cagematches there :)

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
@Philpug and testing team: I know this is a usual comparison in comments but not sure if it was proposed (or done). How about Head Supershape vs Head V-line? They do seem to have striking similarities and differences. On the latter: the supershapes are all for advanced and higher skill levels, and forgiving enough for technically inclined intermediates. The V's seem to go from skiers for beginners (V2) all the way to advanced, up the line, by the time you reach V10. But also, V8 seems to be more frontside oriented (more like the Rally or Magnum I guess?) while the V10 is pitched as having more all mountain chops by head (more comparable to the Titan I guess). Anyways, there maybe room for one or a few interesting cagematches there :)
Is the V line going to replace the Super Shape Line?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Is the V line going to replace the Super Shape Line?
No, it will complement it. The V line is, in essence, a toned down SS line. Still very capable skis but at a lower price point and more accessible by a wider group of skills. They are more forgiving and perhaps a little more versatile. I've skied both the V8 and the iRally. They are within a mm at the waist. The Rally requests you bring your A-game more often than not to really get the most out of the ski. The V8 is somewhat more relaxed. But don't confuse relaxed with soft or wimpy.

These are the findings of an advancing intermediate skier. YMMV. :)

Uncle-A

Skier
No, it will complement it. The V line is, in essence, a toned down SS line. Still very capable skis but at a lower price point and more accessible by a wider group of skills. They are more forgiving and perhaps a little more versatile. I've skied both the V8 and the iRally. They are within a mm at the waist. The Rally requests you bring your A-game more often than not to really get the most out of the ski. The V8 is somewhat more relaxed. But don't confuse relaxed with soft or wimpy.

These are the findings of an advancing intermediate skier. YMMV. :)
Seems like I should give the V8 a try because I really like my Rally skis they are so much fun. Although a friend of mine has the Titans and I really like them too, maybe more in the mornings than the afternoon. As I get older I do not know if I can keep up with them. Thanks @Andy Mink for your insights.

TimF

Putting on skis
Skier
How about Stockli Laser AX vs Kastle MX84. Narrow All Mountain ski vs mid-sized one. I've got the AX and it goes everywhere on any conditions. Skied the former MX 83 and it was also fantastic all over.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How about Stockli Laser AX vs Kastle MX84. Narrow All Mountain ski vs mid-sized one. I've got the AX and it goes everywhere on any conditions. Skied the former MX 83 and it was also fantastic all over.
The AX (77mm) underfoot would more go against the MX74..does that work for you?

Uncle-A

Skier
We will be starting to post the Cage Matches in the begining of October. Stay tuned.
Have you thought of a cage match of one ski but a few seasons apart to see if the changes that the manufacture say they make have any value an have worked.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Have you thought of a cage match of one ski but a few seasons apart to see if the changes that the manufacture say they make have any value an have worked.
That really is another topic...and expect that coming soon.:popcorn: Cage Matches are really more "in the now...", skiers walking into a shop and trying to decide between a couple of skis they are considering buying.

TimF

Putting on skis
Skier
The AX (77mm) underfoot would more go against the MX74..does that work for you?
I was thinking more of a "use perspective" vs a same size width. Previous to buying the Laser AX, I was looking for a Western ski for days of old snow/more firm conditions and a a 80's waist was what I wanted. After skiing the AX in these conditions, for me it negates that width as the AX can be that all mountain ski for me--BUT I'm always open to comparisons and future picks. The MX 74 may fit or not. Three way with the odd size added? AX, MX 74 and MX 84

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
K2 Supercharger vs Head SuperShape Magnum (or Rally) vs Dynastar Speed Zone 12 vs Atomic Redster X7 vs Fischer RC4 The Curve DTX (or GT) vs Rossi Hero Elite (ST/LT/MT). Maybe that’s not a cage match some much as a War of the 5 Armies.

Uncle-A

Skier
What about a cage match between Z 90 vs Monster 88 or Laser AX vs Z 77?