• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have some in my mind but the idea of the Cage Match is what two skis the consumer will be comparing when they walk into a ski shop. So, please let us know what two skis you want to get compared for this coming season. Post em here.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Dynastar Legend x106 vs. Stockli SR 105
'19 FIS GS 188/30s compared: Atomic 9G FIS VS Head GS FIS VS Rossi GS FIS
'19 Stockli SR 88 vs. '18 Stockli SR 88

Thanks so much.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
2018 vs 2019 Monsters, any width

+1 and since the Monster line ends at 88 for 19, that width interests me the most.

Monster 88 vs. Experience 94 (which measures 92, so a pretty reasonable comparison, IMO).

Old Monster 108 vs. any e-bike on the planet. Kidding.

Thanks!

Goldmember

Booting up
Skier
For a straight up comparison between 2 similar skis, I would love to see in the cage:
Stöckli Laser WRT-ST in the 172 variant vs Head Worldcup Rebels i.Race Pro (in say the 175).
As the Head comes pretty much standard with race plate and FF16 binders, only fair to have the WRT compared similarly plated!

Couple of questions percolating on these 2:
Are these skis more GS skis that can easily make a good short turn or are they more Slalom skis that can also hold a stable long turn?
Under what circumstances is the WRT, with street price of pretty much double the Head, twice as good as the head?

And as an alternative cage match, to be crowned champion of the (non FIS) performance piste skis, how do either compare against a GS cheater such as the Head WC Rebels i speed pro, Völkl Racetiger GS Pro or Blizzard Firebird WRC WC Piston?

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January