• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was at Sunapee on Sunday - it was seasonally firm. Loon 2 days prior was a little bit better.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You do realized you are skiing in the NE. The ice builds character. To find real snow, you would have to go west of the Rockies or hang out with Josh.

Took another look at the photo I posted and figured out why you still hasn't gotten the warm & fuzzy with the FIS SL and ice. I noticed both Andrew and I cuddled our SL like long time sweethearts. While you're holding yours at arms length. Almost like the a dance on a first date.
You can come'on up this weekend and give her another whirl around the slick dance floor. Maybe you can catch a couple slow dances and cuddle a bit.

I just met her...I mean them. ogwink

Thanks for the offer for this weekend but I’ll be in the Rockies with @Gary Stolt

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You do realized you are skiing in the NE. The ice builds character. To find real snow, you would have to go west of the Rockies or hang out with Josh.

Took another look at the photo I posted and figured out why you still hasn't gotten the warm & fuzzy with the FIS SL and ice. I noticed both Andrew and I cuddled our SL like long time sweethearts. While you're holding yours at arms length. Almost like the a dance on a first date.
You can come'on up this weekend and give her another whirl around the slick dance floor. Maybe you can catch a couple slow dances and cuddle a bit.

I might be up this weekend but not sure at this point. Where will you be skiing?

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Farther north the better to avoid the possibility of precip and you even may see a ray of sun. The hardpack should soften a bit.

Looks like a wet weekend. I don't think you can go far enough North unless you want to ski in Labrador (and I don't mean the ski area in NY).

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Latest weather forecast in S. Vt has very little chance of rain. Still a chance, but not a game changer.

On the other hand. It's "founder's Day" at Mt. Snow on Friday. $14 lift tickets.
We are going to see lots of blue jeans, Carhartts, and straight skis! Wee! Haaa!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We are going to be at Mount Snow this weekend with our ski club. Looking forward to saturday/sunday there. Wish we were skiing Magic instead though. I think there's something magical at Magic mountain because I can't stop thinking about it. I think part of it is because I was afraid of it for so long because of the steepness and now that I've shaken off those demons I want more. Going to try skiing there between christmas and new years when I have 3 days off. Definitely first weekend of January as I'm off that weekend.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Fun day at mount snow today. Firm in am and sorta softened up by mid day.

Demo day. Volkl Flair 81, Volkl Secret, Volkl Racetiger slalom ski, Stockli Laser MX slalom ski and Stockli Stormrider Motion 85.

The Secret was amazing, Racetiger was FUN, Flair was competent, Stormrider was STUPID FUN. Winner of the day was the Stockli Laser MX. I LOVE THIS SKI. I think my dynastar sl skis might be gone.

Michael demoed the new Volkl Mantra, liked it, didn't love it. Enjoyed the K2 pinnacle 88. Really liked the Volkl Kanjo. However, he loved, loved, loved the Stockli Laser AX. He tried to trade me in for a pair but rep said no. I think his Volkl RTM 84s are dead to him. @dawgcatching we i think are on the hunt for a pair in a 175 :)

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Skied at Sunday River today with @dbostedo and other usual suspects. Forecast was for sunny and warm. I was hoping for some bumps and spring conditions. Nope. Cool and cloudy. Boilerplate much in evidence. Spoiled as I was by a few glorious early season days, that was a disappointment.

Dave, on the other hand, was having his first day out, didn't know any better, and skied everything with a big smile like it was perfect packed powder. ogwink

So. Lesson learned. Don't worry; be happy. Then we had beer.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
That's all ya got? :huh:

Great ski, fun, easy to ski, held an edge and did great in softer snow and crud. It was a welcome back invite to Volklland. I never liked the aura, the secret is Fabulous and it's no longer a secret.

I want a,stockli Stormrider 85 motion AND a stockli laser mx. OMG

volkl flair was ok but didn't knock my socks off.

Volkl racetiger SL was a great ski. Had the same bite as my redsters but the stockli laser mx had me drooling.

How's that ;)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Dave, on the other hand, was having his first day out, didn't know any better, and skied everything with a big smile like it was perfect packed powder. ogwink

In my defense, I got the bad part of my day out of the way early with three falls before we met up... new canting, new footbeds, Stockli Laser SCs and 7 months off made it a little hard to remember how to ski. :nono:

I was happy that I got things sorted and it was all good later in the day!

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skied at Sunday River today with @dbostedo and other usual suspects. Forecast was for sunny and warm. I was hoping for some bumps and spring conditions. Nope. Cool and cloudy. Boilerplate much in evidence. Spoiled as I was by a few glorious early season days, that was a disappointment.

Hakuna matata

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
In my defense, I got the bad part of my day out of the way early with three falls before we met up... new canting, new footbeds, Stockli Laser SCs and 7 months off made it a little hard to remember how to ski. :nono:

I was happy that I got things sorted and it was all good later in the day!

Don't forget about the runaway snowboard incident. :popcorn:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't forget about the runaway snowboard incident. :popcorn:

Oh yeah... sort of bad fall to end the day too, trying to help catch a runaway snow board (reached out with my pole on a cat track to try to knock it off the trail, and caught an edge). Cat tracks can be really hard to fall on.

The snowboard eventually did veer off into the woods too, so I should have just let it go. The guy that boarded down to retrieve it made sure I was OK, then told me his girlfriend threw it down because she was frustrated (over what, I don't know), and it took off. Sounded like he wasn't having much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online