• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2017 Cochise line

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
IMG_1274.JPG
IMG_1277.JPG

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Brian Finch, wondering are you Cochise boots holding up ?
@Philpug do you know if these are these coming back unchanged for '18 ? From my research they are equipped with the same CAS liner as the Mach shell.
When tecnica launched the original Mach 1 -'15 model do you recall if it was a 98 last ?
Was hoping the Cochise had the same last as the original Mach and score a pair late in the season but appears 26/27 aren't ANYWHERE to be had, Tecnica must have really hit the mark with these. Thoughts ?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Brian Finch, wondering are you Cochise boots holding up ?
@Philpug do you know if these are these coming back unchanged for '18 ? From my research they are equipped with the same CAS liner as the Mach shell.
When tecnica launched the original Mach 1 -'15 model do you recall if it was a 98 last ?
Was hoping the Cochise had the same last as the original Mach and score a pair late in the season but appears 26/27 aren't ANYWHERE to be had, Tecnica must have really hit the mark with these. Thoughts ?
The original Mach1 was a 100mm shell, I coudl less where there could be some confusion.

IMHO, the CAS is one of best stock liners for holding its shape and not packing out over the course of time. th enew Cochse fits very well as a 99mm shell and is available with both DIN and WTR soles.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Philpug - changes coming to either boot for next year ?
Heard rumors that the Mach had improved buckles and a little more CAS dimple / punch out surface area in the shell

Also wondering if they worked out the bugs in the locking mechanism on the Cochise.

With the 18 blizzard line already out, any intel on the tecnica men's side.
Q for @Tricia, is the new ramp angle in the ladies line just the footbed or is there something more to it?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug - changes coming to either boot for next year ?
Heard rumors that the Mach had improved buckles and a little more CAS dimple / punch out surface area in the shell

Also wondering if they worked out the bugs in the locking mechanism on the Cochise.

Q for @Tricia, is the new ramp angle in the ladies line just the footbed or is there something more to it?
I just unboxed her new Mach 1 105 LV. Getting ready to lift and do some of her usual work.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The new boot doesn't have a different ramp angle. That was a misunderstanding I had when I had my original conversation with Leslie. The difference is
.5º more upright cuff and 3mm higher cuff to support the more upright stance, which Leslie clarified when posed the question to her.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Any changes on the men's side on either boot for '18.
Do you know if the cochise locking has been addressed or if the men's Mach1 has undergone any changes ?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any changes on the men's side on either boot for '18.
Do you know if the cochise locking has been addressed or if the men's Mach1 has undergone any changes ?
Mach1 has been updated with NGT along with Lift Lock buckles. I believe there were some running changes on the Cochise locking mechanism.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The new boot doesn't have a different ramp angle. That was a misunderstanding I had when I had my original conversation with Leslie. The difference is
.5º more upright cuff and 3mm higher cuff to support the more upright stance, which Leslie clarified when posed the question to her.
I've got two days in this boot and am really liking the changes, so far.
FullSizeRender.jpg

bremmick

Booting up
Skier
Hmmm. I don't usually like doing cage matches with boots, but I might make an exception here.

Cage match results? Who has direct experience between the Mach1 and Cochise in 130. Looking for a new boot, I have a medium foot so the Mach1 in MV and the Cochise fit well.

How do these compare in bound skiing?
- roughed up/torn up late powder day
- bumps
- trees (quick turns)
- high speed variable

I'm coming off a Salomon QST 120, which from what I understand is really more a flex 100. Is the Cochise more a real 130?

Last edited:

Sponsor