• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Yeah ttv saw that too. Hope it is true but the 19 inch 48 hour total smells suspicious? Like numbers from the same resort marketing guy that got rid of the snow plot cameras they had been showing the last few seasons because it probably made it hard for him to play games. Then went into the HV web cams that shows just a dusting atop some things like building rails. Apparently some evening snow showers did indeed sail down along the east side of the Carson Range continuing down towards Bridgeport. Let's hope one of you locals have an awesome morning on the Nevada side and reports so. I'll be happy to ski there after this weekend passes haha. If not, it would give reason to be suspicious in the future. Of course there was a era when numbers of Tahoe resorts played games to entice walk up ticket fresh snow enthusiasts up. However in this era most fresh snow droolers more likely have a season pass.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Random question of the day. I fly into RNO on Sunday around 1 but have to kill 2-3 hours before my boss lands and I pick him up. Any good eats or interesting things to see near the airport? I’ll have a rental car.

Also any recs for food in Minden?

Naan & Kebaab for mediterranean.

Morgans for seafood.

Louis' Basque Corner

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Yeah ttv saw that too. Hope it is true but the 19 inch 48 hour total smells suspicious? Like numbers from the same resort marketing guy that got rid of the snow plot cameras they had been showing the last few seasons because it probably made it hard for him to play games. Then went into the HV web cams that shows just a dusting atop some things like building rails. Apparently some evening snow showers did indeed sail down along the east side of the Carson Range continuing down towards Bridgeport. Let's hope one of you locals have an awesome morning on the Nevada side and reports so. I'll be happy to ski there after this weekend passes haha. If not, it would give reason to be suspicious in the future. Of course there was a era when numbers of Tahoe resorts played games to entice walk up ticket fresh snow enthusiasts up. However in this era most fresh snow droolers more likely have a season pass.
I only believe it only because I tracked it after I heard it was snowing down there. 9pm 3", 10:15 6", and before I went to bed at 1:30 it looked like it had fizzled out and the snow stake had 10 solid inches.

Now N* is another story this season. Whoever is reporting totals over there is smoking Crack! I was up at N* yesterday and it was 7" tops. They claimed 11"! When the storms come in cold I can pretty much just double the snowfall at my house and that's what The top of N* gets. Yesterday I measured 3.5" in here at 6700ft and right around 7" upper mountain. They got rid of the snow stake there this season. Last season people were taking pictures of the stake right before the am clear off then calling them out on the BS numbers they were claiming on social media. Guessing that's why they took it down

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
At Sugarbowl today with Mendieta Jr. That always makes me happy, but it's a little funky. Still many closed runs, sone of the catracks are simply too criwded, and the cocerage is still pretty thin. Some of the runs are a lot of fun if you can find them empty. Of they would be fun if empty. Overall, we are trying to stay away from the crowded areas which is not easy all all.

20180120_100238.jpg 20180120_100523.jpg 20180120_100110.jpg

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
Random question of the day. I fly into RNO on Sunday around 1 but have to kill 2-3 hours before my boss lands and I pick him up. Any good eats or interesting things to see near the airport? I’ll have a rental car.

Also any recs for food in Minden?

This place looks terrible from the outside, but was very busy inside and surprisingly good if you like that sort of thing:
http://www.mindenmeat.com/

Joshuawjc

Getting on the lift
Skier
Anyone have a guess for when Squaw might open Headwall or Granite? (KT seems pretty aways away.).

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Granite and solitude rumored for tomorrow. Headwall needs another storm to fill the bottom to run, but the terrain is effectively open via reverse traverse.

Big crowds and huge lines today, but the snow was quite pleasant
The chair? Or back to via Shirley>emigrant again.

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Patrol told me today that they are still marking a lot of obstacles in Granite before spinning the lift for the public - not sure if it's something they finished today or not. It seems reasonable for Solitude to open - saw ski team members hiking out of there in the early part of the morning. I thought they started building the ramp to Headwall at the beginning of the month and stalled...

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A fun run down Pioneer Glade at Mt. Rose with @Tricia. Real mogul hounds will find this pretty pedestrian but it's a big step for me to even think about it. Nice left over snow from Thursday night's snowfall. A little long because I'm a little slow. I apologize for the lack of good editing. I haven't achieved that level of AV knowledge yet!

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
And one of @Tricia cruising on the shorty Renoun Z90's. Note the intricate slalom course at the bottom! You may want to turn the volume down, lots of wind noise. Good snow though!

The Dad

reducing mountain town property values
Skier
We will be at Rose tomorrow AM photographing some 2019 product that we cannot release until 1/23.
I'm guessing it's whatever new thing from Blizzard that keeps getting placed in my Facebook feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online