• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2016-2017 Vail Resorts Season Passes

Susie

PSIA - Alpine II
Skier
The 2016-2017 Vail Resorts Pass details are posted. Looks like the usual stuff, but I didn't see anything listed about Northstar's Fast Pass. Vail Resorts attempted to kill the program last year but then brought it back when the race parents revolted, only making it available to those who had purchased it previously. Any ideas on their intent for this program during the 2016-2017 season?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The 2016-2017 Vail Resorts Pass details are posted. Looks like the usual stuff, but I didn't see anything listed about Northstar's Fast Pass. Vail Resorts attempted to kill the program last year but then brought it back when the race parents revolted, only making it available to those who had purchased it previously. Any ideas on their intent for this program during the 2016-2017 season?

Here is the link: Epicpass.com

Looks like it doesn't include the balance of this season.

TS
Susie

Susie

PSIA - Alpine II
Skier
Received the details via email today. So much for Vail Resorts' vision of providing guests an equal experience, which is why they wanted to end the program in the first place. I guess for guests that overpay substantially, they will offer an elite experience instead.

Hot off the press... the "Platinum Pass" is the new "Fast Pass". The cost $2500 for the season plus the price of a pass. It is also available for $150 per day. I was ready for them to double the previous pricing, but this is crazy. I'm out. Looking at the details, Northstar will now get $700 less from me in pass sales. No reason to have an Epic Pass if I don't have a "Fast Pass" so that's $300 in savings on my season pass and $400 savings on the "Fast Pass". I'm thinking a 2016-17 pass to Squaw/Alpine so I can enjoy what will likely be an extended spring of skiing is a great use of those funds;)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We are looking at Rose next year along with the Mountain Collective. We will have a Vail pass if we return there to work.

Bobalooski

Getting off the lift
Inactive
Sugar Bowl had several feet of untracked goodness the other day, close parking and and no crowds. My only complaint was that they weren't serving snacks! ;)

TS
Susie

Susie

PSIA - Alpine II
Skier
Northstar is my home mountain, and I will continue to ski there. However, Vail Resorts will definitely receive fewer dollars from me and my guests next year.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I honestly believe that VR wants to get rid of the Fast Pass altogether, but because those who have it will revolt if its not offered, they've priced it out of (even that) market.

I'm guessing some will still pay for it and some will stop getting it out of principle because of the (near) triple pricing.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It's not 3X pricing, its nearly 7X previous pricing.
I thought it was 300.00 in previous years, then raised to 700.00 this season, going to 2500.00 for 2016-17.
I could be wrong. I've never had the pass so I guess I don't pay attention to the pricing.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
What's the big deal with the fast pass anyway? Is it that much of a shitshow at weekends? Anyway queue jumping privileges have an impact on everyone so I don't see the problem with scrapping them. Imagine alternately if Squaw tried to introduce a "special people" line on KT - you'd be lucky to get away limbs intact.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a friend that has an aunt that works for VA and she gets credit from anyone that buys their Epic stuff through her link. Here is my friend's post (link includided) with her aunt's professional letter as a pic.
For all of my skiing and boarding friends - 2016-17 EPIC passes went on sale today! My aunt works part time for Vail Resorts - if you are considering buying a pass for next season, I would appreciate if you would consider using her link to purchase. Doesn't cost you anything (gives you a few benefits outlined in the letter), gets her some credit and you some good karma. If you do purchase, send me a note so she can track. **Addendum: you can just let me know & I'll pass on to her**

http://www.snow.com/epic-pass/passes.aspx?CMPID=PARFRS00002
epic.jpg

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
For the Epic Local pass (which I'll probably renew), it's an 11% price increase and that's with early renewal. That's a shame about the "rest of the current season" not being included as that's what got me into a Vail pass in the first place...

Bobalooski

Getting off the lift
Inactive
Just not interested in skiing the "corporate mountain." I know Vail is on one of many, but I'll pass on a pass at a place with that kind of vibe. Other options are more attractive IMHO.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just not interested in skiing the "corporate mountain." I know Vail is on one of many, but I'll pass on a pass at a place with that kind of vibe. Other options are more attractive IMHO.

What you get with a Vail pass is a great value. But it is the add ons that get you from the pass upgrades to the food on the hill. They do a lot of good things for the industry, but they are very cold and greedy in other areas too that overshadow the good.

midwestfabs

Booting up
Skier
We live in MN and ski mostly at Afton, a vail urban resort/feeder hill, call it what you will. I know many cringe at the idea of corporate types infringing, for lack of better terms, in ones backyard, it happened here when vail purchased Afton. But the epic pass has definitely opened up the skiing opportunities for our family in a big way.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
I have no problem with what they are doing. I don't want to pay for their product here in CO because they've been so successful that I have to stand in line at their resorts much more so than I do at my other options and their mountains aren't compelling enough for me to want to pay to do that given my other options for that money. I cheer successful business models.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Sitting on the deck at Los Amigos in the sunshine, drinking a cold one, and watching the gapers on Pepis (all of which I am doing right now) DOES NOT SUCK!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January