• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 20-21 Four Corners Weather, Conditions, Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
When was that taken @Core2? I'm getting a warm but not fuzzy feeling that it could have been very recently. I want a nice cold feeling with lots of precipitation but there seems to be nothing in the forecast ...

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
When was that taken @Core2? I'm getting a warm but not fuzzy feeling that it could have been very recently. I want a nice cold feeling with lots of precipitation but there seems to be nothing in the forecast ...

yes recent. They were flying up there with the Aussie Air Force according to Facebook.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
... AZSB's shortage of confirmed "partner" reciprical days has kept me from going in and ignoring the surgeons advice...

This is my first year with the Power Pass. Curious what had been offered in past years? Right now we've got Loveland, Copper and Monarch and it looks like Sundance was just added.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
AzSB 10-14-20.jpg

Looks like some sort of building going up next to the lift. Storage for the gondola cars perhaps?

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
This is my first year with the Power Pass. Curious what had been offered in past years? Right now we've got Loveland, Copper and Monarch and it looks like Sundance was just added.
They typically would add resorts to the list in the late summer, early fall. Here's what I can gather from last year. Most of these resorts have been pretty consistent over the last 3 years.

3 FREE LIFT TICKETS AT EACH MOUNTAIN:

• Copper Mountain (CO)
  • Loveland Ski Area (CO)
  • Eldora Mountain (CO)*
  • Sunlight Mountain (CO)
  • Powderhorn (CO)
  • Monarch Mountain (CO)
  • Ski Cooper (CO)
  • Powder Mountain (UT)*
  • Brian Head (UT)*
  • Homewood Mountain Resort (CA)
  • Brundage (ID)
  • Grand Targhee (WY)*
  • Hogadon Basin (WY)
  • Snow King (WY)
  • Snowy Range (WY)
  • Marmot Basin (Canada)
  • Kiroro (Japan)
  • 5 Berge & Co (Germany & Austria)

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
They typically would add resorts to the list in the late summer, early fall. Here's what I can gather from last year. Most of these resorts have been pretty consistent over the last 3 years.

3 FREE LIFT TICKETS AT EACH MOUNTAIN:

• Copper Mountain (CO)
  • Loveland Ski Area (CO)
  • Eldora Mountain (CO)*
  • Sunlight Mountain (CO)
  • Powderhorn (CO)
  • Monarch Mountain (CO)
  • Ski Cooper (CO)
  • Powder Mountain (UT)*
  • Brian Head (UT)*
  • Homewood Mountain Resort (CA)
  • Brundage (ID)
  • Grand Targhee (WY)*
  • Hogadon Basin (WY)
  • Snow King (WY)
  • Snowy Range (WY)
  • Marmot Basin (Canada)
  • Kiroro (Japan)
  • 5 Berge & Co (Germany & Austria)

I hope I’m wrong but I think we lost most of those.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier

Feels like 17/18 again. I’m ok with missing a season of skiing, I’m not ok with what the fire season will look like next summer. This is getting scary.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
I hope I’m wrong but I think we lost most of those.
I hope its just a one year thing. I can see ski areas not wanting to give comp days when they're capacity limited. Whether the loss of benefit is enough to dent season ticket sales is what they'll have to decide on.

The prices are now high enough for me, that I can't justify it especially with travel restrictions and my shortened season. New Mexico just extended its 14 day incoming quarantine for 90% of the states including AZ.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Don't know where to put this. Was thinking there must be a dedicated Taos stoke thread, but can't find it.

Taos made Deb Armstrong's #2 of favorite ski destinations.

I'm hoping she'll be back for TSV Women's Week again next year (assuming regular ski weeks will be up and running then.) It was great getting a chance to ski with her last season.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Feels like 17/18 again. I’m ok with missing a season of skiing, I’m not ok with what the fire season will look like next summer. This is getting scary.

I've been in the back country down here a lot the last few weeks and I've never seen it like this. Normally drought tolerant vegetation is looking rough even. Looks like a chance of moisture next week but I won't hold my breath.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
crazy vid of that jeep that rolled off Blackbear pass near Telluride last week.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This video ... hard to watch. Wow. :(

If youve ever been up there, it makes it even harder to watch. That road is no joke and the chick that got ejected out of that jeep is very lucky to be alive.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Partial evacuation of Angel Fire village. New fire start about 12 miles from Mora is raging out of control in this tinderbox. We had a super dry and windy summer and no rain in seems like months. 7500 acres in just a few days. Praying that rain and snow materializes on Monday. The southern Rockies are desperate.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Partial evacuation of Angel Fire village. New fire start about 12 miles from Mora is raging out of control in this tinderbox. We had a super dry and windy summer and no rain in seems like months. 7500 acres in just a few days. Praying that rain and snow materializes on Monday. The southern Rockies are desperate.

Dang, so sick of fires! I saw Purgatory had a fire in the resort boundaries a week or two back.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Technically, the San Juans get 0"-30" of snow every weekend! ogwink

It seems that way. Lately it is closer to zero. I'd be happy with 200% snow pack at 7:1 just to bring moisture in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor